Are little black holes causing UFO sightings?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lhc
In summary, the Large Hadron Collider has not destroyed the world as yet, but there is a high probability that it will in the next hour.
Physics news on Phys.org
It just says "can't find host" when I click on it. Are you sure tha

Yay, i have been wishing not to wake up dead, and every morning from now on i will be checking every thing is exactly the same.

It says "Yes" on my computer.

Server:

<!-- if the lhc actually destroys the Earth & this page isn't yet updated
please email mike@frantic.org to receive a full refund -->

Pretty lights! This looks like something from Disneyland.

_44999320_-1.jpg

tribdog said:
It just says "can't find host" when I click on it. Are you sure tha

Ha ha ha! That's a good one, tribd

Math Is Hard said:

_44999320_-1.jpg

Oh, I love it! Maybe they'll make a ride! Ooh, that could help teach some principles to the public.

OAQfirst said:
Oh, I love it! Maybe they'll make a ride!

EXTREME bumpercars!

Math Is Hard said:

_44999320_-1.jpg

Ooh, no wonder Zz loves Disney AND physics so much! Pretty!

I hope everything is OK, I heard there was a collision there yesterday.

B. Elliott said:
Here's an awesome set of pictures that a friend of mine found, of the LHC during assembly. They look a lot like National Geographic style pictures.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/the_large_hadron_collider.html

Does anyone else find it amusing that the "toroid cap" looks just like a gigantic watch cog? That's so Switzerland! :)

99.9999991% of the speed of light... that'd be a helluva ride :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Server:

<!-- if the lhc actually destroys the Earth & this page isn't yet updated
please email mike@frantic.org to receive a full refund -->

I hadn't realized that this was taken from the source :rofl:
I like the fact that there is an if statement such that it could (almost :tongue:) say "yup" :biggrin:

If the end of the world scenario wasn't enough to drive the folks at the LHC bonkers, this from the local news should do it!

UFO sightings connected to Large Hadron Collider experiment?
http://www.louthleader.co.uk/news/UFO-sightings-connected-to-Large.4492819.jp

If I ever run for president, I'm going to put severe restrictions on letting stupid people breed.

1. Are there any scientific studies or evidence to support the idea that little black holes are causing UFO sightings?

As of now, there is no scientific evidence or studies that support the idea that little black holes are causing UFO sightings. While little black holes do exist, they are much smaller and less energetic than the larger black holes that are often studied by scientists. Additionally, there is currently no known mechanism by which a little black hole could manifest itself as a UFO.

2. How do little black holes differ from larger black holes and what effects do they have?

Little black holes are significantly smaller and less massive than larger black holes. They typically have a mass of less than a few times that of the sun, whereas larger black holes can have a mass millions or even billions of times that of the sun. Due to their smaller size, little black holes have less gravitational pull and therefore have less of an effect on their surroundings. They also have shorter lifespans and are more difficult to detect compared to larger black holes.

3. Can little black holes be created or detected on Earth?

While it is theoretically possible to create a little black hole on Earth through high-energy particle collisions, the conditions required for this to happen are not currently achievable with our technology. Additionally, little black holes are difficult to detect due to their small size and short lifespan, making it highly unlikely that one would be found on Earth.

4. Are there any potential dangers associated with little black holes?

There is no known danger associated with little black holes. As mentioned earlier, they have less of an effect on their surroundings due to their smaller size. Additionally, they are not known to cause any sort of damage or harm to nearby objects or organisms.

5. Could little black holes be used for space travel or other purposes?

While it is possible that little black holes could have some use in the future for space travel or other purposes, there is currently no technology or means for harnessing their energy. Additionally, the potential risks and uncertainties associated with manipulating and utilizing black holes make it unlikely that they will be used in this way in the near future.