Life has only developed once in the history of the Earth.

• Thread starter Dremmer
  • Start date
Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I've just had an opportunity to watch the video, excellent stuff. I had trouble keeping up with the words and the animations simultaneously, so I might need to watch it a few more times. I dare say you know this Ryan but the 'unnecessary classical track' is the famous fourth movement of Beethoven's Choral Symphony - I think it is actually an abridged version of it to fit the video. In any case, for sure mute it if you don't like it, but we are talking about one of the most influential compositions ever written and I thought it did quite a good job of underlining the epic enormity of some of the things the video portrays. In any case, thanks for the link, well worth watching.
Don't get me wrong it's an amazing piece but that's the problem! Too distracting when I'm reading and watching science :tongue:

The video was very nice. As for the music, it fit quite well with whatever was going on in the screen. But that is just a matter of taste.

Evo
Mentor
Ryan, it's a good idea to put the direct youtube video link as well as the embedded link so that people can view directly from you tube if they wish. I always give both options.

Ygggdrasil
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
Evo, after you click play on the embeded youtube video, you can click on it again to open the video in youtube (plus it starts off where you left off).

More really nice movies related to research on the origins of life can be found at Jack Szostak's website: http://genetics.mgh.harvard.edu/szostakweb/movies.html

Evo
Mentor
Evo, after you click play on the embeded youtube video, you can click on it again to open the video in youtube (plus it starts off where you left off).
Yeah, but if you close the direct youtube link before it's through, then the embedded link is still playing in the thread, and because I'm obsessive, I can't just pause the video, I have to leave the thread and then return so it actually stops playing. I like the option, call me lazy. :tongue: