Life out there

In a few words, many kinds of rock are excellent insulators, the meteorite spends only a short time in the air, the fusion crust ablates (carrying off a lot of the heat generated by friction with the air), and volume increases as the cube of the size while surface area only the square.

Ahhh... I see now, that makes sence.

Nereid said:
Please excuse my ignorance, what is 'ACDTZ'?

I assumed you would know what I was hinting at, wrong assumption. I was in to much of a hurry, hot here 104, off to the beach. :rofl:

To be more specific.

A, T, G, y C are the letters of the genetic code and representing the nitrogenated bases adenina, timina, guanina y citosina, respectively. These bases together witht the sugar and the phasphate that they are linked to form the nucletoides, the fundamental units of DNA. In each gene the four bases are combined in diverse forms, to create words of three letters that specify which amino acid is necessary for each combination to elaborate a protein.
Nothing you do not know already.

What is 'ACDTZ'? What I was hinting at is, if we find life forms with say five bases to wind the DNA coil, what would it tell us? One additional base and one changed, a totally different combination, from how life evolved on Earth. Whats interesting to me is not if we find life on Mars but if it would be different as I suggest. Whats inside an atom, that when the arrangement of, a group of four bases, forming three letters, in a DNA coil, sprouts life as we know it? Are there other mathematical combinations? I do not expect you to answer this. Suspect to me, that symmetry seems to be universal, there could be other geometrical ways to form a DNA coil, to maybe sprout life.

This will be the most interesting find, if something `life`is different. The chances would be against this as you say but then if it was so, energy requirements and conditions, would be the only things necessary for life to pop up anywhere. We have only now a short time now to find this out.