Lifting the Veil: Impact on Human Computation

• Medical
  • Thread starter ASlawson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lifting
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a shift in human computational abilities caused by a swap in the Earth's magnetic poles. The speaker also shares their belief that the writings of the Mayan people refer to the brain and body, and the potential impact of the galaxy's core on human perception. However, other participants in the conversation dismiss these ideas as pseudoscience and explain that the brain is not affected by the Earth's magnetic fields. The conversation ends with a moderator closing the discussion.
ASlawson
I was wondering if someone could answer the following question please.
Is it possible,that if the Earth's magnetic poles were to swap, this could force a shift in the human computational abilities which would cause our emotional based society to become greater processing agents from the intellectual side of the brain?

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
ASlawson said:
Is it possible,that if the Earth's magnetic poles were to swap, this could this force a shift in the human computational abilities which would cause our emotional based society to become greater processing agents from the intellectual side of the brain?

I see you are doing research for the Masonic Order. I'm curious about what prompted you to ask this question.

The Earth's magnetic field is mostly caused by electric currents in the liquid outer core. I don't see how a shift in the Earth's poles would make any difference at all. I have not heard of any evidence, that would suggest our brains are run or connected to, the Earth's magnetic poles in any way.

SW VandeCarr said:
I see you are doing research for the Masonic Order. I'm curious about what prompted you to ask this question.
I have been closely studying the writings of the Mayan peoples and find it interesting that what is reported to be the gods of heaven and the underworld, are in truth, their understandings and teachings of our brain and body with the underworld being the body and the heavens our brain.
At least this is what I observe when I read their works.
I believe because our brain is subjected to the warped gravitational influences of the galaxy core, this causes us to see and process information in a triplicity sense.
That which we observe and compute are two separate things meaning the same yet are different and those two together create a third.
In my opinion, what we see in this universe is a collection of informational processes that include the actual universe itself and that of our own inner workings thus creating a triplicity dimensional observation and those being: what is outside the brain, that which is inside the brain and the fusion of the two.
If the brain were to somehow switch from emotional dominance to that of intellectual, this would be a major evolutionary leap for our species so I was wondering if the flipping of the poles could cause this.

ASlawson said:
Is it possible,that if the Earth's magnetic poles were to swap, this could force a shift in the human computational abilities which would cause our emotional based society to become greater processing agents from the intellectual side of the brain?

it won't affect me because i'll just move to australia. or, maybe new zealand. whatever just feels right at the time.

Proton Soup said:
it won't affect me because i'll just move to australia. or, maybe new zealand. whatever just feels right at the time.

It would be easier if you just turned around 180 degrees.

ASlawson said:
If the brain were to somehow switch from emotional dominance to that of intellectual, this would be a major evolutionary leap for our species so I was wondering if the flipping of the poles could cause this.

I'm sure one of moderators will lock this thread, as they should. I will echo hypatia that the Earth's magnetic field is far too weak to affect brain function. Physicists working around the LHC in Europe can at times experience magnetic fields vastly greater than the Earth's. Of course, they have already been converted to using the "intellectual side" of their brains.

Last edited:
lisab said:
It would be easier if you just turned around 180 degrees.

i'm a bit skittish about looking back during times of calamity. might turn into a pillar of salt.

seriously, tho, the pole has shifted in the past, so I'm sure we'd be fine eventually. but any delay in turning the dynamo back on could lead to some serious sunburn. i like my magnetosphere just the way it is, thanks.

I have been closely studying the writings of the Mayan peoples and find it interesting that what is reported to be the gods of heaven and the underworld, are in truth, their understandings and teachings of our brain and body with the underworld being the body and the heavens our brain.

This is probably an example of applying current knowledge to old writings, vague semantic similarities do not indicate a thorough understanding

I believe because our brain is subjected to the warped gravitational influences of the galaxy core, this causes us to see and process information in a triplicity sense.

Do you have any citation for our brains being "warped" by the galaxy's core? The Earth has a far greater gravitational pull on us than the core, why does this not warp us? I warn you that this is sounds like typical pseudo-science mumbo-jumbo and would advise you to read up on subjects from reputable scientific sources.

As others have pointed out the workings of the brain are not linked to the magnetic fields of the Earth. People have MRIs every day and they do not undergo personality changes.

Ok, this is nonsense, as has been pointed out. Closed

1. What is the concept of "Lifting the Veil" in relation to human computation?

"Lifting the Veil" refers to the idea of revealing the hidden processes and mechanisms behind human computation. It involves understanding how humans process and interpret information, make decisions, and solve problems, and how these processes can be leveraged to improve computational systems.

2. How does lifting the veil impact human computation?

Lifting the veil can have a significant impact on human computation by allowing for a deeper understanding of human cognitive processes and how they can be integrated with computational systems. This can lead to more efficient and accurate problem-solving, decision-making, and data processing, ultimately improving the overall performance of human computation systems.

3. What are some examples of human computation systems impacted by lifting the veil?

Examples of human computation systems that have been impacted by lifting the veil include crowdsourcing platforms, online collaboration tools, and artificial intelligence systems. These systems have been able to incorporate insights from human cognitive processes to improve their performance and accuracy.

4. What are some challenges in lifting the veil in human computation?

One of the main challenges in lifting the veil in human computation is the complexity of human cognitive processes. It can be difficult to fully understand and replicate these processes in computational systems. Additionally, ethical considerations must be taken into account when using human computation, such as ensuring privacy and avoiding bias.

5. How can lifting the veil benefit both humans and machines in computation?

Lifting the veil can benefit both humans and machines in computation by improving the overall efficiency and accuracy of computational systems. It can also lead to a better understanding of human cognition and decision-making, potentially leading to advancements in fields such as artificial intelligence and human-computer interaction.