Light & Time Travel: Can the Light See Us Stopped?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of light and its speed, with one person questioning if light can see us as stopped when we are moving. The other person dismisses this as a dumb question, stating that if they were to ride a photon of light from the Sun to Earth, everything would appear stopped. They also mention the impossibility of traveling at the speed of light and the theoretical nature of time travel.
Alladin
1.Light is moving so fast that is apparently stopped.But it ain't.Photons of light come and go.
Now the question: Is light seeing us stopped?Like we arent moving?

Thats a dumb question.Of course the light sees us stopped.If i ride a photon of light from Sun to Earth everything is stopped.8 minutes.In minute 3 she reads and in minute 7 she drinks coffee.
To continue my journey.I can zoom and see her when i ride my photon of light,my beam of light.In minute 3 i zoom and see her read but i can't see her move.Perfectly fine.
In minute 7 i zoom again and see her drink but i can't see her move.
What if i zoom and keep looking at what she is doing?If the time has stopped...how will she move from reading to drinking?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, you cannot travel at the speed of light. There is no such thing as "riding a photon." The speed of light is c in all reference frames. There is no reference frame in which a photon is at rest.

Hypothetical.
The same question that Einstein asked.
What will you see if you ride a beam of light?
So?It has been answered until now or not?

And one more question.Time travel.Is just a theory or a fact? (based on light speed)

1. Can light travel faster than time?

No, according to the theory of relativity, the speed of light is the fastest possible speed in the universe. Time is a relative concept, and it can slow down or speed up depending on the observer's frame of reference, but light always travels at the same speed.

2. How does light travel through time?

Light travels through time at a constant speed of 299,792,458 meters per second. This means that for every second that passes, light will travel almost 300 million meters. Time and space are interconnected, so as light travels through space, it also moves through time.

3. Can we see the past with light?

Yes, we can see the past with light. When we look at stars in the night sky, we are actually seeing them as they were thousands or even millions of years ago because it takes time for their light to reach us. This is why astronomers can study the history of the universe by observing distant objects in space.

4. Is it possible to travel through time with light?

Currently, there is no known way to travel through time with light. While light can provide us with a glimpse into the past, it is not a method of time travel. Theories such as wormholes and time dilation have been proposed, but they are purely theoretical and have not been proven.

5. How does light "see" us stopped?

Light does not have the ability to "see" or perceive things as humans do. It is an electromagnetic wave that travels through space and can only be detected by our eyes or instruments. However, due to its constant speed, light can make it seem like time has stopped when it is moving at the same rate as the observer, but this is only an illusion.