1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Light, Heat, and Sound

1. Aug 14, 2014 #1
    Hi everybody, I just wanted to ask for those of you who have taken an intro class in light, heat, and sound what you thought of the class? I have taken intro Mechanics and intro E&M so this is my third class in the program. Just curious if it's typically easier or more difficult then those previous courses and whether or not you had fun in the course in general?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2014 #2
    I have never heard of a class with that name. A paragraph on the syllabus would probably make it easier to evaluate how hard it is compared to the other ones. It sounds like a mix between transversal waves, longitudinal waves and statistical physics?

4. Aug 15, 2014 #3
    Yeah, like I said, I haven't actually started the class yet. The description of the course in the catalog is:
    Calculus-level treatment of thermodynamics, geometrical and physical optics, and sound and the prerequisite for the class is Newtonian mechanics.

5. Aug 16, 2014 #4
    I personally think the topics are abit harder, especially optics. But as always it depends on the professor/treatment of the subjects.

6. Aug 16, 2014 #5

It's general physics 2 sounds like.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook