1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Light - Lens Help

1. Mar 4, 2004 #1
    I have two questions that i couldn't do, it aint that hard:

1.An object is placed 30.0cm from a convex lens of f=10.0cm. Find the position and the magnification of an image. (f = focal length)

An object is placed 20.0cm from a convex lens of f=30.0cm. Find the position and the magnifying factor of an image.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2004 #2
    You can draw ray diagrams to help you, or use the lens formula (1/u + 1/v = 1/f) if you've learnt it.

4. Mar 4, 2004 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You also posted this in the "General Physics" section where I responded. Please do not multi-post!

5. Mar 4, 2004 #4
    I attached the file with the answers....

This really isn't a problem that should require help... nor be in the college level help section. I am currenty in my junior year of high school and we are currently doing 4 and 5 mirror and lens combo problems.[​IMG]

The actual calculations are based upon 1/o+1/i=1/f
    and Mag=-i/o

The final answers I belive came out to be I=15 cms M=1/2 x for problem one and I=-60 cm M=3x for problem 2

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?