What Causes Molecules to Repel Light Particles?

In summary, the conversation is about the question of what molecule or atom repels when it touches the boundary of light. The person asking the question is not knowledgeable in physics and is requesting a visual example. Another person comments on the need for energy and momentum conservation and asks for more details on the question. The conversation ends with a joke about being either really smart or really dumb to make theories in physics.
dirty9
Hi I'm not a physicist student or physicist person.

i don't know where to post this.

but i have question.

what molecule or atom that repels when touch the ray or boundary of light?

thank in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
you mean "recoil"?

Well, every particle must recoil due to energy and momentum conservation.

can you show me a visual example of it? picture or video in action?

I don't care what's name of that thing.

please consider that physics is not my field and I'm noob.

thank you.

dirty9 said:
what molecule or atom that repels when touch the ray or boundary of light?

I don't understand your question. Can you give more details, or an example of what you're asking about?

jtbell said:
I don't understand your question. Can you give more details, or an example of what you're asking about?

ok give me time to sketch it, it's 3:00am here in the philippines.

i need to sleep.

if my conclusion is correct then my theory is possible.

Thanks in advance. see you tomorrow guys.

if you are a noob in physics, how come you make theories? :P

malawi_glenn said:
if you are a noob in physics, how come you make theories? :P

lol I remember there's a saying. "Either you're really smart, or you're really dumb."

What are light particles?

Light particles, also known as photons, are elementary particles that make up electromagnetic radiation such as light. They have zero mass and travel at the speed of light.

How do light particles behave?

Light particles exhibit both wave-like and particle-like behavior. This is known as the wave-particle duality of light. They can act as a wave, spreading out and interfering with each other, but also behave as discrete particles when interacting with matter.

How are light particles created?

Light particles can be created through a variety of processes, such as through the emission of electrons from atoms, radioactive decay, and the collision of high-energy particles. They can also be created artificially, for example, in lasers.

Can light particles be observed?

Light particles cannot be directly observed, as they have no mass and cannot be seen with the naked eye. However, their effects can be observed, such as in the form of light or in the way they interact with matter.

What is the relationship between light particles and energy?

Light particles, being a form of electromagnetic radiation, carry energy. The energy of a photon is directly proportional to its frequency and inversely proportional to its wavelength. This is described by the equation E=hf, where E is energy, h is Planck's constant, and f is frequency.