Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Light polarization in charged exciton in Voigt configuration

1. Dec 11, 2017 #1
    Dear all,

I'm studying a charged exciton system, composed by two ground states (electron spin up 1/2 and down state -1/2) and the two heavy hole trion state (up 3/2 and down -3/2). In this case the light which couples two ground states and the trion state has right/left polarization, to conserve the spin. By turning on a magnetic field in the x direction, breaking so the rotational symmetry, the spin are aligned toward x and so becomes a superposition of the spin states along z, allowing an optical transition vertically polarized, and no more right circularly. Even expanding the x-basis eigenstates in the z-basis it's not clear for me how this vertical polarization transition come out. Is there anyone who could help me? thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted