1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lightin light bulb

1. Sep 24, 2007 #1
    Hey.... This is for a school projecct .....
    Well... look i need to lighg up a little light bulb(like a christmass, those little ones)
    but i dont dont know how, i cant use any plugs in the wall or anything.... i was thinking on using some batteries and wires but i still dont know how.......
    If anyone knows please help me....
    and the batteries nd wires are going inside an object so i cant be really big...... the object is like a foot and a half by three fourths....

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2007 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

First you need to know the volage of the bulb, the ones from christmas lights are typically 12V so you would need a few batteries.
    It might be simpler to use an LED, it would last longer since it uses less electrical power.
    Leds are available with builtin current resistors or you could use simply a couple of 1.5V batteries and we can show you how to work out the correct resistor when you have chosen the LED.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?