1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Limit of function

1. Sep 21, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Is it true that e find that the function is undefined and we can't simplify them, then the limit of multivariable function is surely doesn't exist

http://imgur.com/a/cihXu

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    Is it possible that we already try many different of y = x^n , n is all real number , the limit still the same ? ( the limit of function actually not exist , but in our working we have tried many different of y = x^n , n is all real number , we keep on getting the limit of the graph still the same ) ?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2016 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

HI,
    What is it you are asking ? Limits of ##f(x,y)## are a different matter than limits of ##y = f(x) ## !

4. Sep 21, 2016 #3
    yes
    yes , i am asking a limit of f(x,y)

5. Sep 21, 2016 #4

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

So why write ##y=x^n## ?

6. Sep 21, 2016 #5
    in 3rd attempt , the author want us to try substuiting different value of curves / lines into the function... so i use y = x^n

7. Sep 21, 2016 #6

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Did you forget to tell us what function it is you are investigating ? And what limit at what point (a,b) ?

8. Sep 21, 2016 #7
    I am asking generally, the function could be any function of x and h, and the limit could be anything.....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted