Limit Question: My Attempt at Solving It

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limit
In summary, the conversation discusses the question of finding the limit of a given expression, with the limit apparently being -1/4 according to Excel. The individual has tried factoring and using L'Hopital's Rule, but has not been successful. However, they eventually work it out by factoring and using L'Hopital's Rule twice.
transgalactic
the question and how i tried to solve it
in this link:
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/6763/99124375pc4.gif [Broken]

i don't know how
??

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The limit is apparently -1/4 (using Excel), but I don't yet see a way to prove this. I've tried factoring x^(1/2) out of the three radicals, but this gives me the indeterminate form [infinity * zero]. I'm thinking that L'Hopital's Rule might be helpful, but it hasn't been so far.

i tried to solve it many times
its not working

??

i just worked it out. had to factor out a sqrt(x) of the radical and then use l'hospital's rule twice.

1. What is a limit question?

A limit question is a type of mathematical problem that involves finding the value that a function approaches as its input approaches a certain value. It is often used to understand the behavior of a function near a specific point.

2. How do you solve a limit question?

To solve a limit question, you can use various methods such as direct substitution, factoring, and the use of limit laws. It is important to carefully evaluate the function and understand the behavior of the function near the given point.

3. What is the purpose of a limit question?

The purpose of a limit question is to help understand the behavior of a function near a specific point. It can also be used to evaluate the continuity of a function and to determine the existence of a limit.

4. Can you solve a limit question graphically?

Yes, a limit question can be solved graphically by plotting the function and observing its behavior near the given point. This can provide a visual representation of the limit and help in understanding the concept better.

5. Are there applications of limit questions in real life?

Yes, limit questions have various applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. For example, in physics, limit questions can help determine the velocity of an object at a specific time by looking at its position function. In economics, limit questions can be used to understand the marginal cost and revenue of a product.