Limits next more questions

• Thread starter Laven
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limits
In summary, the limit \lim_{x\rightarrow-\frac{2}{3}}\frac{2}{2+3x} does not exist when x is substituted with -2/3, but using l'Hôpital's rule is not the correct method. The limit \lim_{x\rightarrow\infty}\frac{(2x-10)^6(3x-1)^4}{(2x+1)^10} has the correct answer of 81/16, despite a possible misprint in the book.
Laven
1)We know this limit doesn't
[tex]\lim_{x\rightarrow-\frac{2}{3}}\frac{2}{2+3x}[/tex] exists
after substituting the value ot that gives us answer infinity.But how about doing derivative at both numerator and denominator that gives us answer to 0.I guess this is not the correct way since I'ven't used the value of x yet,is it?

2)[tex]\lim_{x\rightarrow\infty}\frac{(2x-10)^6(3x-1)^4}{(2x+1)^10}[/tex]
I got its answer as 81/16 but at book i found the answer is 81/61.Which one is true?Could you please interpret it?I expanded all by bionomial method.Is this true method?If you have next method may i get it please?
[Is there any method to check whether any answer is wrong or right without looking books' answer?]

Seems a lot of questions yet i couldn't solved it.I need your great help.

thanks in advance:p:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi Laven! Welcome to PF! :smile:

(nice LaTeX btw, except that if you have more than one figure after ^, you must put it in curly brackets: ^{10} :wink:)
Laven said:
1)… But how about doing derivative at both numerator and denominator that gives us answer to 0.I guess this is not the correct way …

I assume you're thinking of l'Hôpital's rule …

but that only applies to "indeterminate forms" of 0/0, and this is 2/0. :wink:
2)[tex]\lim_{x\rightarrow\infty}\frac{(2x-10)^6(3x-1)^4}{(2x+1)^10}[/tex]
I got its answer as 81/16 but at book i found the answer is 81/61.Which one is true?

Yes, 81/61 is obviously a misprint … 81/16 is correct.

So you're right! :biggrin:

What is the concept of limits in science?

Limits in science refer to the boundaries or thresholds within which a phenomenon or process operates. It is the point at which a system or process cannot function beyond a certain point due to physical or environmental constraints.

Why are limits important in scientific research?

Limits are important in scientific research because they help define the scope and validity of a study. They also allow researchers to identify the extent to which their findings can be applied to real-world situations.

How are limits determined in scientific experiments?

Limits in scientific experiments are determined through careful observation, measurement, and analysis of data. Researchers also consider the limitations of their equipment, methodology, and sample size when determining the limits of their study.

Can limits change over time?

Yes, limits can change over time as new research and advancements in technology can expand our understanding of a phenomenon or process. Additionally, environmental factors such as climate change can also impact the limits of a system.

What are some potential consequences of exceeding limits in science?

Exceeding limits in science can have various consequences, depending on the specific system or process being studied. In some cases, it can lead to unexpected and potentially harmful outcomes, while in others, it may simply result in the inability to accurately measure or understand a phenomenon. It is important for scientists to carefully consider and respect the limits of their research to avoid any negative consequences.