1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Line Integral

1. Dec 30, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Given by picture.

2. Relevant equations

W = F*dr

3. The attempt at a solution

Given by pictures.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2012 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You should really say what your question about the problem is. And providing less blurry snapshots would really help. If the question is 'where did I go wrong' it looks to me like it's at the very end. Try and find it. You have a much clearer view of your work than I do.

4. Dec 30, 2012 #3
    Ok.You're right.I will try to fix my fault.But I don't have any idea about b and c? Can you help me for b and c?

5. Dec 30, 2012 #4

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

c is just two straight line paths. What's a line equation for each part? And if you want a circular path it's probably easiest to use trig functions to describe it. Can you give a parametric form for the circle using cos and sin? BTW I think you are also integrating backward in part a). You want to go from (1,0) to (0,1), not the other way around.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook