1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Line of Best Fit?

1. Sep 25, 2007 #1
    1. I need to know where the Y intercept would be on a linear equation with a slope of 4 and the intercepts (-22,101) and (-12,141).

I also need to know how to find the line of best fit on a calculator

I think the Y-int may be 189, but I don't really have any idea how to do either of these but am pretty sure I need a calculator for both.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2007 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

We have three different ways to express a linear equation. Which you choose really not matters. For simple common use, try slope-intercept form: y=mx+b;

You know that m=4; so just plug in any point's coordinates and find the value for b. You can then, if you wish, convert into (forgot the name for the form) Ax+By=C form because this form can assist you more easily in finding the x-axis and y-axis intercepts. Simple Algebra Skills.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?