1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Line through name

1. Dec 12, 2006 #1
    What does the line though somebody's username mean? I interpret it to be that they are no longer a member of PhysicsForums but I was hopping someone could clarify this.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2006 #2
    I think it means they are either banned/suspended or have requested that their account be deleted.

4. Dec 12, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Exactly...

5. Dec 12, 2006 #4
    Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering because I someone with over 1000 posts with a line through their name, and it didn't seem like a person who should be banned. I was under the impression that anyone with a line was banned, not that it was also voluntary.

6. Dec 12, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It may be a temorary cooling off period. In a few days the line might be gone.

7. Dec 14, 2006 #6

CarlB

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

They could also be dead.

8. Dec 14, 2006 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Or perhaps in intensive care because MIH neglected to thaw the carp before administering the ritual discipline.

9. Dec 14, 2006 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

(We've lost many members that way) :redface:

10. Dec 14, 2006 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

but they died with honor. Sort of.

11. Dec 14, 2006 #10

radou

Homework Helper

Perhaps you are referring to courtrigrad, I think he mentioned something about leaving. (Too bad, he did a great job.)

Doesn't sound good. Definitely doesn't. :biggrin:

12. Dec 14, 2006 #11

turbo

Gold Member

She is very busy and doesn't always take the time to thaw the carp. If you give her a jar of home-made habanero sauce, she will probably take the time to thaw the carp, and if you make some hickory-smoked pulled pork in the meantime, she may wear the stilettos and fishnets during the disciplinary ritual. Not that I would know. :uhh:

13. Dec 14, 2006 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm gentle as long as they don't forget the pickles on my BBQ sandwich. That's when I get violent.

14. Dec 14, 2006 #13

turbo

Gold Member

What? No cole-slaw? Did I over-tip?? :grumpy: That happens every time!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?