Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Line through name

1. Dec 12, 2006 #1
    What does the line though somebody's username mean? I interpret it to be that they are no longer a member of PhysicsForums but I was hopping someone could clarify this.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2006 #2
    I think it means they are either banned/suspended or have requested that their account be deleted.

4. Dec 12, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Exactly...

5. Dec 12, 2006 #4
    Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering because I someone with over 1000 posts with a line through their name, and it didn't seem like a person who should be banned. I was under the impression that anyone with a line was banned, not that it was also voluntary.

6. Dec 12, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It may be a temorary cooling off period. In a few days the line might be gone.

7. Dec 14, 2006 #6

CarlB

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

They could also be dead.

8. Dec 14, 2006 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Or perhaps in intensive care because MIH neglected to thaw the carp before administering the ritual discipline.

9. Dec 14, 2006 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

(We've lost many members that way) :redface:

10. Dec 14, 2006 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

but they died with honor. Sort of.

11. Dec 14, 2006 #10

radou

Homework Helper

Perhaps you are referring to courtrigrad, I think he mentioned something about leaving. (Too bad, he did a great job.)

Doesn't sound good. Definitely doesn't. :biggrin:

12. Dec 14, 2006 #11

turbo

Gold Member

She is very busy and doesn't always take the time to thaw the carp. If you give her a jar of home-made habanero sauce, she will probably take the time to thaw the carp, and if you make some hickory-smoked pulled pork in the meantime, she may wear the stilettos and fishnets during the disciplinary ritual. Not that I would know. :uhh:

13. Dec 14, 2006 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm gentle as long as they don't forget the pickles on my BBQ sandwich. That's when I get violent.

14. Dec 14, 2006 #13

turbo

Gold Member

What? No cole-slaw? Did I over-tip?? :grumpy: That happens every time!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?