1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Linear algebra review

1. Oct 9, 2006 #1
    My linear algebra is getting pretty rusty. I need something that will jog my memory about various computational details. The only text I currently have is the Springer yellow book by Curtis. I'm leaning toward a Schaum's outline, either the straight "Linear Algebra" one or the "3000 Solved Problems" one, but there are also half a dozen Dover books that also look likely. The yellow book by Axler also seems to be popular here; that looks like more of a straight through type of read than a reference, but perhaps I'm wrong. Any books I'm overlooking?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2006 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get teh Schaum's, it is good and cheap.....

4. Oct 10, 2006 #3
    Thanks, I got the Schaum's and added the Dover by Shilov to get the free shipping from Amazon.

5. Oct 10, 2006 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

my webnotes are free, and cover more material in fewer pages than any other source.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?