1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Linear algebra - vectors

1. Jul 7, 2014 #1
    Hi everybody, i'm a physics student and this is my first post here and i will begin asking one favor:
    Anyone could recommend a simple and accessible book about vectors in linear algebra??
    I'm already read several books and didn't understand anything.. :cry:
    I really need to recover my "binary" grades lol.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2014 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Which books? And what exactly was the problem with those books?

Did you try Meyer's "Matrix analysis and applied Linear Algebra"? From the perspective of applied LA it is one of the best books out there. It contains material on vector spaces and vectors as well though.

4. Jul 7, 2014 #3
    I'm from Brazil, and my teacher recommeded these books: "Linear Algebra" - Murray R. Spiegel; and these others are brazilians books: "Analytic geometry a vector processing" - Paulo Boulos, Ivan de Camargo; "Exercises of analytic geometry" - Francisco Blasi; "Linear Algebra" - Alfredo Steinbruch.
    I started reading these books and don't understand some explanations and stopped reading. I never missed any classes at analytic geometry class and i did all the lists of exercises but if the teacher changes something i fail the test. I think that i don't understand everything, in other words, nothing.
    This book of Meyer looks very nice, i will read it!!! ;)

Thanks for your attention and help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted