1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Linear Programming -OR- Engineering Economics?

1. Oct 20, 2005 #1
    As an elective for undergraduate Chem Engineer, which would be better to have?

Thanks.
    -A

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2005 #2
    Well you should have an understanding of economics. This plays a role in decisions making.

4. Oct 21, 2005 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I say Eng Econ. If you're a Chem Eng major then you are going to have plenty of math under your belt, and you should be able to digest linear programming sans probleme. I never took linear programming, and in the space of an hour I learned enough of it to tutor a kid who was taking the class.

5. Oct 21, 2005 #4
    Thanks, guys. I have taken Macro Eco already, but it has been a while. I was not a huge fan, but I think this course will be more practical.

I am also planning to take a math course to help me use the tools I have learned in practical problems. [Math for physical sciences].

-A

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?