Solving Linear Questions - Table Requirements

• Thread starter ineedhelp23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Linear
In summary, the person asking for help is not providing enough information to answer the question about what makes a table linear. They suggest providing more context and explaining what type of table is being referred to.
ineedhelp23
For a table to be linear it must be?

please help me!

:!)

Physics news on Phys.org
ineedhelp23 said:
For a table to be linear it must be?

If you're looking for help, you need to be more descriptive about your question. What course is this for? Is this a "short answer" question? If that's the case, they're looking for something referred to in your book or notes, which no one else here necessarily has. If this isn't "short answer", you're going to need to explain what you've been talking about in the course and what sort of table you're working with. As it stands, I doubt too many readers are going to know what you're asking about...

A "table"?? My coffee table is pretty "linear" but I suspect that isn't what you are talking about! Why don't you start by saying what kind of table you mean and what it means for a table to be linear? I suspect that if you write out that information, you might just find the answer.

1. What is a linear equation?

A linear equation is an algebraic equation in which each term is either a constant or the product of a constant and a single variable. In other words, the variable(s) in a linear equation have an exponent of 1 and are not multiplied together. The general form of a linear equation is y = mx + b, where m represents the slope and b represents the y-intercept.

2. How do I solve a linear equation?

To solve a linear equation, you must isolate the variable on one side of the equals sign. This can be done by performing the same operation on both sides of the equation, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing. Once the variable is isolated, you can then solve for its numerical value.

3. What is a table requirement in linear equations?

A table requirement in linear equations refers to the information needed to create a table of values for the equation. This typically includes a list of x-values and the corresponding y-values when substituting those x-values into the equation. These values can then be used to graph the linear equation.

4. How do I use a table to solve linear equations?

To solve a linear equation using a table, you can plug in different x-values into the equation to determine the corresponding y-values. Once you have a set of ordered pairs, you can plot them on a coordinate plane and connect them to create a line. The solution to the equation is the point where the line intersects the x-axis, which is the value of x that makes the equation true.

5. What are some real-life applications of solving linear equations?

Solving linear equations has many real-life applications, such as calculating the cost of a phone plan based on the number of minutes used, determining the amount of interest earned on a savings account, or finding the optimal production level for a business to maximize profits. Linear equations can also be used to model and predict relationships between different variables in fields such as science, economics, and engineering.