Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lingerie can save the planet?

1. May 17, 2008 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2008 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Why not stylish hats with solar panels charging a built-in nano with integrated ear-buds that can be stowed in the brim.

4. May 17, 2008 #3
    I'd be interested to see just where they put the "outlets" :-) I can think of two perfect places.

5. May 17, 2008 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Seems more eco-unfriendly to me...a garment that has absolutely no utility whatsoever (as the article points out, undergarments don't get sun exposure outside) , but probably used a lot of materials and energy to produce.

What the heck is it made out of, astroturf? Maybe if you can get it to power a scoreboard on that little panel a few football widows might benefit from it catching their husbands' attention, but that's about it.

6. May 17, 2008 #5

matthyaouw

Gold Member

A wide-brimmed hat of some description would have been the garment of choice surely?

7. May 17, 2008 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okie dokie.

8. May 17, 2008 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I thnk it's a great idea. A slight change in cultural clothing styles and we'll be all set to go.

So she'll start out in the morning quite well endowed and be less so after a walk on a hot day?

This also seems like a good product. Makes those long waits in grocery store lines more interesting.

9. May 17, 2008 #8
    OMG, that made me laugh so hard, even my animals are looking at me oddly.

10. May 17, 2008 #9

And they are keeping score of what, exactly?

11. May 17, 2008 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not sure it matters. :biggrin: Ever see the trance guys go into when a scoreboard pops up on the TV screen?

12. May 17, 2008 #11
    yeah--about the same trance as when they (uhh :uhh:, we men?) see women in lingerie, is that what you mean?

13. May 17, 2008 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep. I'm pretty sure the combination of both would keep men's attention for days!

14. May 17, 2008 #13
    (my, my, my...and, if they were only carrying a cooler and a 'Modern Physics' book)

15. May 17, 2008 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, since they're already equipped with beverage holders...:uhh: Hand the lady a physics book!

16. May 17, 2008 #15
    yeah, but they'd lose some of their solar power if those came out

17. May 17, 2008 #16
    It's very eco-friendly, but I'm not too sure why someone would think to to do this. It doesn't seem to practicle. If they had them in the US, I would get one...It's a very neat invention

18. May 17, 2008 #17
    Ha, the model who says its comfortable....ha ha....bullsh!t.

19. May 18, 2008 #18

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

As if we needed more proof that the "green" movement is a symptom/manifestation of a mental illness. That's got to be the best/dumbest story on the subject I've seen yet.

20. May 18, 2008 #19

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I'm all for changing that convention....you know, for the environment...

Together, we can make a difference.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?