Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Linux error message

1. Aug 2, 2009 #1
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, I had to choose between Programming and Technology and am not very familiar with these forums. Nevertheless, my question is does anyone know what this error message means? "If: malformed file inquiry" I have spent quite a while 'googling' for answers; there is indeed many threads on this error message, however most of the situations and responses are well over my head.

A little more explanation of why I am getting this error message is that I am using an SSH connection to my University's server to submit a file to an executable, I've checked permissions and that the files are in the directory I think they are.

What I'm really looking for here, is just an explanation of what that error message means in general.

Thanks for any input.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2009 #2
    What command are you using that gives you that error?

If your sibmitting a file through an executable on your uni's computer its likley that its a script/program written by your prof/department. and if thats the case theyd be the one to ask this question to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook