Linux Graphics Software: Color Rectangular Cells Freely

In summary, the individual is seeking advice on how to color rectangular cells and is looking for a simpler alternative to NCL-NcCAR. They are specifically interested in free software that allows them to input data and generate an image based on mathematical equations. A suggested solution is to use OpenOffice Calc and set the cell background color based on the cell's data.
Milentije
I have problem like this:recetengular cells,each of the cells should be colored.I have tried with NCL-NcCAR but it is too complicated to write script for me and I do not want to waste time.Can anyone tell me about free software?

Physics news on Phys.org
A quick and dirty solution might be to use OpenOffice Calc and set the cell background color as a function of the data in the cell.

DavidSnider said:
A quick and dirty solution might be to use OpenOffice Calc and set the cell background color as a function of the data in the cell.

Thanks,but I prefer something more maths related,like I give input data and get image.

1. What is "Linux Graphics Software: Color Rectangular Cells Freely"?

"Linux Graphics Software: Color Rectangular Cells Freely" is a software program that allows users to create and manipulate rectangular cells with different colors on the Linux operating system. It is a free and open-source software that can be used for various graphic design purposes, such as creating digital art, animations, and illustrations.

2. Is "Linux Graphics Software: Color Rectangular Cells Freely" only compatible with Linux?

Yes, this software is specifically designed for use on Linux operating systems. It may not be compatible with other operating systems such as Windows or Mac. However, there are similar graphic design software available for those systems.

3. Can I use this software for professional graphic design work?

Yes, "Linux Graphics Software: Color Rectangular Cells Freely" can be used for professional graphic design work. It has a range of features and tools that make it suitable for creating high-quality designs. It is also used by many professional graphic designers and artists.

4. Is it difficult to learn how to use "Linux Graphics Software: Color Rectangular Cells Freely"?

It may take some time to learn how to use this software, especially if you are not familiar with Linux. However, there are many online tutorials and resources available to help you get started. With practice, you can become proficient in using the software to create various designs.

5. Can I use "Linux Graphics Software: Color Rectangular Cells Freely" for 3D graphics?

No, this software is primarily designed for 2D graphics. It does not have features for creating 3D designs. There are other open-source software available for 3D graphics on Linux, such as Blender.