Linux in Windows

• Thread starter Arman777
  • Start date
The storage should be empty. Go to setting->system, and make sure the Hard Disk in the Boot Order box is checked, and make it the first one in the list. See what happens.
Its not working that way..Maybe its because I am always choosing the try ubuntu instead of install ubuntu ?

Oh, you need to install it, yes. Try it is just to see how it looks like BEFORE you make the commitment to install it.

Oh, you need to install it, yes. Try it is just to see how it looks like BEFORE you make the commitment to install it.
Lol I am stupid. Okay thanks :)

Is it safe to click "erase disk and install ubuntu" ?

Yes, from inside the virtual box it is safe. It is a virtual drive.

I believe these steps are explained in detail in the video I mentioned before. Press continue, but please refer to the video I mentioned before to complete the process.

I believe these steps are explained in detail in the video I mentioned before. Press continue, but please refer to the video I mentioned before to complete the process.
Its working perfectly and My computer looks fine so everything is okay :) Thanks a lot for your help.

You might want to create a snapshot once everything is working, that way you can do all the work you need for a class, then completely reset the machine to a vanilla install once you are done with it. I always like to start with a completely fresh machine when doing anything new.

That's also nice idea but I have already installed it so...Kind of late for that.

I tried to do it but I couldnt. Well I can If I try for sure but Idk. Also It says that it only opens terminal but not like the whole linux system.

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
... or do you want to emulate Linux under Windows (if this is possible?)?
It must be possible, given that Windows can do anything what the universal Turing machine can.

Nope, it does not. Python code is highly portable across platforms.
Very true. There are some differences between how the Python interpreter accesses the OS though. For example if you are writing a program to run on multiple machines you need to test for which OS is present and test for the terminal size differently for each OS or just make an assumed default size that is smaller than most terminal windows. Full screen terminals with modern screens can allow some pretty big text (like 20lines at 132characters per line) or lots of text (like 70lines at 200characters per line) depending on the FONT and SIZE the users chooses for the terminal window. Each user can RESIZE the terminal window so testing allows you to left and right justify column positions based on the size of the terminal window. Or position a screen element based on the size of the window.

Hope this helps,
dmac257

Likes kaustubhb