Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

List of All-Time Bushisms

1. Jan 13, 2009 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No matter what one thinks of Bush, he was as good as gold for comedians and the "internets".

http://www.languagemonitor.com/medi...underestimate’-tops-list-of-all-time-bushisms

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2009 #2

baywax

Gold Member

Some of the most puzzling and comic moments are when he just mugs it... you can sort of see the cogs in his brain slow down to a practical stand still.

Very much like the Prime Minister I'm paying to hold office here in Canada... the guy with the helmut hair.

4. Jan 13, 2009 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think my favorite one is: “I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully”
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/piehigher.asp

Be sure to look at Snopes and read the poem, "Make the Pie Higher" - a poem composed of quotes from GW.

5. Jan 13, 2009 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So is it true that Obama only picked Clinton as Sec State as a favor to all the standup comics that had supported his campaign?

6. Jan 13, 2009 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

By all accounts Obama is no fun at all, but with Bill lurking in the background waiving his finger... Still, there will never be another GW [I pray].

7. Jan 13, 2009 #6

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

There's always Jeb!
    A pity GWB doesn't have any sons, the last George III was rather entertaining

8. Jan 13, 2009 #7
    I think we should not exclude Bush subordinates like Rumsfeld and the known knowns.

9. Jan 13, 2009 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

10. Jan 13, 2009 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The big question is: Can he top Dan Quayle?

Dan Quayle quotes have been resurrected and assigned to whatever current candidate happens to be running in every Presidential election since Quayle left office. In fact, quotes from comedians imitating Quayle have been assigned to candidates in every Presidential election since Quayle left office.

Come 2012, will we see e-mails quoting Palin as saying, "But oftentimes I'm asked: Why? Why do you care what happens outside of America?" and e-mails quoting Obama as saying, "The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done."

Or will we see e-mails quoting Palin as saying, "People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." and Obama as saying, "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

Or will we just see e-mails quoting Palin as saying, "I can see Russia from my front yard."

11. Jan 13, 2009 #10

baywax

Gold Member

Ok, ok... I can't take it... :rofl:

"Rarely is the question asked... 'is our children learning'?"

12. Jan 13, 2009 #11

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

13. Jan 13, 2009 #12

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The most disturbing is "I was like a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."

Eww, I'm kind of grossed out. :yuck:

Boy, does that put Palin's comment about the difference between a hockey mom and pitbull into a whole new perspective! :eek:

14. Jan 13, 2009 #13
  15. Jan 13, 2009 #14
    I second that ! ROTFLMFAO !!

16. Jan 14, 2009 #15
    "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully”

This is also my favorite!

17. Jan 25, 2009 #16

OmCheeto

Gold Member

There's even a book:

Some of the reviews listed on the link above are hilarious:

When I got the the bottom of the page, I was at first a little puzzled by their "If you like this book, we recommend these others":
    [​IMG]
    What are they implying here?

:rofl:

18. Jan 25, 2009 #17

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

19. Jan 26, 2009 #18

baywax

Gold Member

Yeeeeeesh....

—George W. Bush, in March 2000

and

and sorry...:rofl:

—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  20. Jan 27, 2009 #19
  21. Jan 27, 2009 #20

OmCheeto

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?