Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

List of Appendices in Latex

1. Jul 21, 2009 #1
    Hello,

In Latex, there are the \listoftables and \listoffigures control sequences to list the tables and figures respectively where you want. But I didn't find a similar control sequence to list the appendices, or did I miss it? Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2009 #2

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

LaTeX doesn't have default support for appendices. Most classes give you an option (like \backmatter) which will set special formatting for \chapter's so they show "Appendix A" instead of "Chapter 13", which means they'll just show up in your table of contents.

4. Jul 21, 2009 #3

minger

Science Advisor

Check into
    Code (Text):

\usepackage{appendix}

The default command \appendix starts your appendices but theres no way back, and everything subsequent will be labeled that way. I believe the package gives you a little more control.

5. Jul 21, 2009 #4
    Thanks CompuChip and minger for replying.

For sure I want to include the Appendices number in the table of contents, and I did that. But what I want is to set a list of appendices in a seperate page, as with list of figures, and list of tables. How can I do that? This is one of the requirements of my thesis.

Regards

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook