List of biology disciplines

1. What is your favorite biology discipline and why?

What is your favorite biology discipline and why?

General subfields within biology

Anatomy | Bioinformatics | Botany | Ecology | Evolutionary biology | Genetics | Marine biology | Human biology | Cell biology | Microbiology | Molecular biology | Biochemistry | Origin of life | Paleontology | Physiology | Taxonomy | Astrobiology | Zoology

http://www.answers.com/List-of-biology-disciplines

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. cronxeh

cronxeh 1,232
    Gold Member

Bioengineering?

4. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is there a question here?

5. I think we're being asked to list as many biology disciplines we can think of.

6. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you follow the link, it's pretty comprehensive. You can always make up more that combine subdisciplines into new disciplines, but I'm failing to see the point of this thread. Some context to the intent of the OP would be useful.

Edit: Never mind, the OP has been edited to clarify they want to know our favorites.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  7. I'm in 11th grade and have no idea what I want do, but I know it will involve science. And I have a science project to do and I'm killing some time on here until I think of something. And for some reason I can't get my smiley face to work :)

8. Biophysics
    Computational Biology

9. Monique

Monique 4,699
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Genomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Interactomics :tongue:

Biology is starting to become a large-scale science like physics did at the beginning of the 20th century.

10. Forgot to mention Synthetic Biology.

11. Ouabache

Ouabache 1,325
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

more biological disiplines?

phytopathology (which include these subdisciplines bacteriology, virology, nematology and mycology) :smile:

12. Pharmacology ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?