Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

List of upcoming workshops?

1. Jun 10, 2010 #1

nrqed

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hi,

Can someone suggest good sites to find a fairly comprehensive list of upcoming workshops (meaning for the rest of 2010) in all areas of theoretical particle physics or mathematical physics (especially quantum gravity related stuff but I am interested in other fields as well)? I might be able to get some funds to attend one and I would like to see what is out there.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2010 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

4. Jun 10, 2010 #3

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

If you would like more to look at, here is a list of handy QG links that gets updated every 2 or 3 months:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=2707406#post2707406

Among a lot of other stuff, it lists a few past conferences and also some scheduled for this summer.

Several of the posts that follow that one, in the same thread, mention QG-related conferences that I learned about more recently.

As I see it, one of the factors is where are you? What is your home base? Are you looking primarily at Usa workshops? Or North America? Or Europe? Or Asia or South America? There are workshops scheduled for all over the map.

Another good thing to check is a list of upcoming workshops and other meetings which is maintained by the German research institute AEI, near Berlin. That list typically has links to the announcements and websites of 12-20 upcoming meetings.
    http://hyperspace.aei.mpg.de/category/Conferences/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  5. Jun 11, 2010 #4

nrqed

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thank you to both of you. Your references are very useful.
    Yes, I should have mentioned the area I can cover, which is basically the easter half of Canada and the USA. Unfortunately (ans as expected), it is too late to register to most of the 2010 workshops. I might try to go visit Perimeter or Penn State. I know some people there and hopefully if I don't cost them a penny, they will be willing to have me around for a few days.

Thanks again!

Patrick

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook