Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Listing of new threads since last visit

1. Mar 13, 2004 #1
    I'd much rather get a listing of new threads since my last visit than a massive listing of new posts, most in old forums I am not interested in. Or a filter on the listing of posts would be nice.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2004 #2
    When somebody creates a new thread it automatically gets bumped up on top. If somebody replies to another thread, the newly created thread gets bumped down a notch or two, but you certainly won't miss it.

However, you can always subscribe to the forum of your choice and occassionally looked it up in your user cp.
  4. Mar 25, 2004 #3

Science Advisor

That's not exactly a good idea. Subscribing to a forum means that you get an email every time somebody starts a new thread. If you did that to a popular forum like general math or general physics, your email box would fill up very fast.
  5. Mar 26, 2004 #4
    Not exactly, vBulletin 3 allows you to subscribe to threads or forums without getting email notifications about new postings. :smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?