Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LIteracy Improvement??

1. May 13, 2015 #1

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

literacy program.jpg

apparently it hasn't spread to the local Assoc. Press office as of yet ? haha

Dave

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2015 #2
    No sure if this is funny or sad :(

4. May 13, 2015 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

That's ok: The high school I went to had a banner that said we were "A National School of Excellene"

5. May 13, 2015 #4

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

,speaking of grammar etc

have you guys noticed the increasing trend of late of people not leaving spaces after punctuation marks in their text ?
    I see it regularly on PF and other forums

eg. ( just a random bit of text I have altered to show what I am referring to)

How much charge remains in any battery is a complex function of the chemistry of the battery,the ambient temperature,the unloaded terminal voltage,the loaded terminal voltage,and (for NiCd batteries) the charge/discharge history.The only reliable way to "measure" the remaining charge is to know the charge/discharge history of the battery.There are integrated circuits used for battery management that can do this task fairly well for some battery chemistries.For wet-cell lead-acid batteries,the specific gravity of the electrolyte at a known temperature gives a reliable estimate of the charge condition.

I really cannot understand what their aversion is to putting spaces after commas and periods ?

cheers
    Dave

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook