Whitney's Spelling Bee Adventure

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, the little brat won the spelling bee. He is cocky and everyone else will become really depressed. His parents must be really proud. The kid seems to have no social skills and is very smart in math. His music is surprisingly good for someone his age.
Cyrus
Look at this spelling bee little brat!

http://dc101.com/pages/whitney.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm really beginning to think that these spelling be kids will be scarred for life by this experience. This kid is overly cocky because he won, (He wasn't surprised he won, cmon!) and everyone else will become really depressed. Also, you can't forget the parents either. Sure they act all nice and supportive on camera when their kids lose, but I can see many parents just snapping when their kids loose. Really,a lot of parents train their kids like race horses for these things!

Yeah, I really think the spelling bee drives everyone involved insane.

Q:Were you surprised you won?

A...not really.

This interview went downhill from the start!:

Q:Hi Evan!

A:...he...he...he...Your pronouncing my name wrong!

He should have said:

he...he...he...are you single?

That is one HOT newswoman.

At least he spelled the word wrong at the end! That's what he gets for being so cocky!

Last edited:
Hey,

Hecouldnthearhersaytheword.heeeee.heeeeeee.heeeeeee.heeee (gasp for breath).heee.heeee. (puff-puff -inhaler).

G01 said:
At least he spelled the word wrong at the end! That's what he get for being so cocky!

Well, she did pronounce it wrong.

More hilariousness:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what this kid would have been like if he lost? You think he is the "cry his eyes out type" or the "pass out and go into a coma type", OR the "go home and be beaten by his parent for loosing type"?

That kid is cocky, but at the same time he speaks as though he is retarded.

Personally, almost all the kids I see these days are, quite simply, *******s (really makes me wonder about having kids some day).

edit... :rofl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6iwD4PI47c&mode=related&search=

From the comments it seems like the kid is autistic.

Last edited:
The kid needs to put down the books and get some friends. I seriously think his mom still dresses him. Its sad.

I would kill to be as ridiculously smart as him. And as comedically gifted.

G01 said:
I wonder what this kid would have been like if he lost? You think he is the "cry his eyes out type" or the "pass out and go into a coma type", OR the "go home and be beaten by his parent for loosing type"?

All 3 at once

Brat? I don't know. Dork? Definitely, yes. His mom is probably proudly telling everyone how her homeschooled kid is so smart because he won a spelling bee. He's probably done nothing but memorize the dictionary his whole life.

durt said:
I would kill to be as ridiculously smart as him. And as comedically gifted.

:rofl: What for. I would NOT want to be as smart as him and be socially clueless.

Moonbear said:
Brat? I don't know. Dork? Definitely, yes. His mom is probably proudly telling everyone how her homeschooled kid is so smart because he won a spelling bee. He's probably done nothing but memorize the dictionary his whole life.

I posted that youtube video of the competition on him. After seenig it, I think he really is Autistic. He has no clue about anything when people talk to him.

Its sad to watch. The kid needs help on his social skills or he's going to be the 40 year old virgin.

You know, the way he speaks and acts reminds me of a smart math major at my school that just finished his B.S. in Math (at 19 years old).

I find this sort of interesting. How much of a clue does the origin of the word give them? He stated that he could not spell it without the origin...

His music is surprisingly good for someone of his age. I don't know much about music but in my opinion it was quite nice.

dontdisturbmycircles said:
I find this sort of interesting. How much of a clue does the origin of the word give them? He stated that he could not spell it without the origin...

That actually made sense to me, especially when the reporter was mispronouncing it. Different languages have different silent letters and diphthongs, so the same or similar sound will be a different spelling depending on word origin.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I posted that youtube video of the competition on him. After seenig it, I think he really is Autistic. He has no clue about anything when people talk to him.

Its sad to watch. The kid needs help on his social skills or he's going to be the 40 year old virgin.

I can't view the youtube video. It just hangs. From what I saw on the CNN clip, you could be right that he's autistic.

Q: What did your mom say when you won?

A: Laugh, I don't know what my mom said...you'll have to ask my mom.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Q: What did your mom say when you won?

A: Laugh, I don't know what my mom said...you'll have to ask my mom.

That particular answer really had me puzzled. I was trying to figure out if the kid is being VERY literal, thus was not with his mom WHEN he won, so doesn't know what was said at that very moment, or if there was something else going on there that he didn't want to share what his mom said to him. He seemed almost afraid to answer that question, but upon further reflection, if he's autistic, an overly literal interpretation of the question makes sense too.

That there is classic Asperger's syndrome. He is totally unaware of his social situations, cannot "read" body language or implied meanings, and is highly focused and genius in a specific talent. Neither to be hated nor pitied.

Chi Meson said:
That there is classic Asperger's syndrome. He is totally unaware of his social situations, cannot "read" body language or implied meanings, and is highly focused and genius in a specific talent. Neither to be hated nor pitied.

Interesting, I wonder how many kids that do well in things like this actually have these conditions?

Chi Meson said:

I think you have to pity the kid. He can't hold a normal conversation, that's not a good thing.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I think you have to pity the kid. He can't hold a normal conversation, that's not a good thing.

True, but if he is at the severe end of the Asperger's spectrum, perhaps even into the Autism spectrum, then neither hatred nor pity will have much of an effect on him. I'm sure he will find a niche, and he will stay in it much to everyone's preference.

I wish him well, and I don't wish to meet him.

1. What is "Whitney's Spelling Bee Adventure" about?

"Whitney's Spelling Bee Adventure" is a children's book about a young girl named Whitney who is competing in a spelling bee for the first time. It follows her journey as she prepares for the bee and learns valuable lessons along the way.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

This book is geared towards children ages 6-10 who are interested in spelling bees, language, and personal growth.

3. Is "Whitney's Spelling Bee Adventure" based on a true story?

No, this book is a work of fiction. However, it is inspired by the experiences of many children who participate in spelling bees.

4. What makes this book unique compared to other children's books?

This book combines elements of a traditional children's story with educational content about spelling and language. It also focuses on themes of perseverance, self-confidence, and friendship.

5. Can "Whitney's Spelling Bee Adventure" be used as a teaching tool in the classroom?

Yes, this book can serve as a valuable resource for teachers looking to incorporate language and character development lessons into their curriculum. It also includes discussion questions and activities at the end for further learning opportunities.