Solving an Unfamiliar Derivation: Can You Help?

• Thread starter Chocolaty
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivation
In summary, an unfamiliar derivation is a complex mathematical or scientific problem that may not be easily solvable. It is important to be able to solve these derivations in order to expand knowledge and develop critical thinking skills. Strategies for solving unfamiliar derivations include breaking down the problem, using known techniques, and seeking guidance from experts. While anyone can attempt to solve an unfamiliar derivation, advanced knowledge and skills may be necessary. Resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and consulting with experts are available for help with solving unfamiliar derivations. It is important to use reliable and credible sources for accurate solutions.
Chocolaty
Okay, I'm using this program called derive, and it usually tells me the steps to derive(duh) but it made a simplification which i don't understand. I'm sure it's just one of those things where i'll slap my own face when i'll know what it was, either that or throw up and roll around in my own bile...

How do you go from:
x·3·(x - 4)^2 + (x - 4)^3

to(the solution):
4·(x - 1)·(x - 4)^2

thanks to whoever answers
<3

Physics news on Phys.org
Remove the common factor of (x-4)^2 from the first line.

What is an unfamiliar derivation?

An unfamiliar derivation refers to a mathematical or scientific problem that is not immediately recognizable or easily solvable. It typically involves complex equations or concepts that may not be familiar to the solver.

Why is it important to be able to solve unfamiliar derivations?

Solving unfamiliar derivations is important because it allows scientists to expand their knowledge and understanding of a particular topic. It also helps to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are essential in the field of science.

What are some strategies for solving unfamiliar derivations?

Some strategies for solving unfamiliar derivations include breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts, using known formulas or techniques, and seeking guidance from experts or references.

Can anyone solve an unfamiliar derivation?

Anyone with a basic understanding of math and science can attempt to solve an unfamiliar derivation. However, it may require advanced knowledge and skills to fully understand and solve the problem.

What resources are available for help with solving unfamiliar derivations?

There are many resources available for help with solving unfamiliar derivations, including textbooks, online tutorials, forums, and consulting with colleagues or experts in the field. It is important to use reliable and credible sources for accurate solutions.