Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Little Problems in the World?

1. Dec 22, 2009 #1
    What problems do you know of that need to be solved?

Nothing too big (e.g. global warming, war, poverty ect.)

Some examples might be vehicle safety, injuries, etc.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2009 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Isn't vehicle safety a bigger problem than war? (Maybe someone less lazy can look this up.)
  4. Dec 22, 2009 #3

Gold Member

I did a slightly less lazier look and yah, looks like automobile deaths dwarf deaths due to war based on a lazy search and comparison.
  5. Dec 22, 2009 #4
    One. The petri dish is getting a bit full. There doesn't exist as much neutrient in the continental interiors, so must of the pupulation is concentrated along the seaboards. Never the less, it's quite full.

Two. If I talked about it, you'd think I was cracked.
  6. Dec 22, 2009 #5
    Okay I got one. A device that you stick in your mouth and brushes your teeth, applies toothpaste and rinses it. All in a push of a button. You can use while driving, getting dressed, playing video games, swearing at people, or anytime you have your hands busy and need to brush your teeth.

Who wouldn't love this idea?
  7. Dec 22, 2009 #6
    Crest just came out with a tooth brush that doesn't need any water or something that you can just use anywhere. It's pretty cool... I think it would be extremely difficult to create a 'push button' tooth brush that does its own thing in your mouth. I don't think I'd trust it to be honest :P
  8. Dec 22, 2009 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lately I've noticed avocados don't taste very avocadish. Of course everyone knows the pits are just too dang big, but we've all sort of adjusted to that little problem. But losing their flavor? That's a little problem that must be solved!
  9. Dec 22, 2009 #8
    What about a printer built into a laptop. That would help alot.
  10. Dec 22, 2009 #9
    You really are ambitious to invent something huh? I like that :smile: :tongue:

A printer in a laptop... that would probably be difficult no doubt it'll be done sometime though and yes it would be quite helpful.
  11. Dec 22, 2009 #10
    Does the toothbrush need toothpaste, because if it does, it needs water to rinse it out.
  12. Dec 22, 2009 #11
    Crying babies ....
  13. Dec 22, 2009 #12
    Finding a person to carry your laptop around might be a new small problem ...
  14. Dec 22, 2009 #13
    How about backpacks? Instead of applying pressure to your shoulders and back how about applying pressure equally through the whole upper body?
  15. Dec 22, 2009 #14

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually the best packs transfer most of the load to the hips.
  16. Dec 22, 2009 #15

Staff: Mentor

I wish someone would invent a periscope for small cars so I can see over/around those honking huge pickup trucks, minivans and SUVs that always seem to be parked on both sides of me in a parking lot, preventing me from seeing oncoming cars and peds when I'm backing out of my parking space. :grumpy:
  17. Dec 22, 2009 #16
    I have an itch on my knee.... ah, taken care of. One small problem at a time yeah?
  18. Dec 22, 2009 #17
    I heard that they're trying to make a windshield that vibrates or something which is suppose to get rid of wipers. I don't know how but still.
  19. Dec 23, 2009 #18
    I saw these in the store last week. There is a little capsule of toothpaste in the brush and it breaks up releasing the toothpase when you brush. When you're done you just throw out the brush. Very useful for a frequent traveler or if you are in a rush.
  20. Dec 23, 2009 #19
    That's one of the most wasteful ideas I've ever heard.

That's worse than throwing a disposable razor away after one use. You can get a good 5 shaves from one of those.
  21. Dec 23, 2009 #20
    A shoe that can survive two years of constant use and still be comfortable and affordable.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook