Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Living near power lines

1. Mar 23, 2012 #1
    I have a property with a 3 phase underground power line. The power line doesn't go near the house but happens to pass directly underneath the shed, which is in the form of a sea container. Whenever I'm working inside the container, I feel sick. The symptoms are similar to those described by people living under high voltage power lines - nausea, dizziness, fatigue
    headaches and stress. These symptoms seem to occur most during the day, I just don't feel right. My belief is that the 3 phase power line located 1.2 meters below the ground has something to do with it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2012 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

If you aren't feeling well, I suggest that you see a doctor, we can not diagnose you.

4. Mar 24, 2012 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

...but fyi, the "power lines cause cancer" thing was a hoax from the start. A reporter twisted one vague study into a career of fearmongering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook