Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Living on Titan

1. Dec 21, 2016 #1
    I've read a few articles claiming that Titan will be the most reasonable place for humans to move once the Earth is burned to a crisp by our red giant sun in a few billion years. Even if the temperature does in fact become habitable on Titan, how great could it be living on a moon of some giant planet? I imagine there would be inconvenient solar eclipses happening all the time with Saturn hogging up the entire sky, which in turn would severely disrupt the daily lives of the people living there.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2016 #2
    I imagine that the first generations of such settlers would be living most of the time in artificial habitats anyway.
    Getting a base established there is one thing; terraforming Titan to have an Earth like atmosphere and other conditions a much bigger task.
    If that was eventually accomplished I guess the descendants of original settlers would in time adapt to the strange daylight patterns

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted