1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Load Resistor in a MOSFET amplifier

1. Jun 11, 2005 #1
    Hi Guys!

well! i have designed a mosfet amplifier. This amplifier uses only MOSFET in its operation along with an input signal and capactors and resistors and VDD. I want to ask u one thing.

The amplifier which i have designed takes 0.1V of AC signal as an input and provides a gain of 3.3V/V. it is best for a load of 10K resistor. If i want to connect an 8-Ohm speaker as a load in place of 10K resistor, what modifications do i have to make. Plz help me.

Thanks a lot in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2005 #2

SGT

The gain depends on the load resistor. If you get a gain of 3.3 with a 10k load resistor, replacing it with a 8Ω resistor will drop dramatically the gain. What you need is another stage. I suggest you use a source follower (gain ~ 1) with the 8Ω charge at the source and no drain resistor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?