Local Standard of Rest

Okay, so I have an astronomy/astrophysics exam tomorrow and I understand everything except for the local standard of rest. Could someone please explain it to me? Thanks!

phinds

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Google is your friend

Google is your friend
Don't come here with that crap. I'VE ALREADY USED GOOGLE. I also looked in my textbook and asked my professor about it and I'm still not understanding it, so I came here to ask people who know what they're talking about to see if they can help me.

Don't come here with that crap. I'VE ALREADY USED GOOGLE. I also looked in my textbook and asked my professor about it and I'm still not understanding it, so I came here to ask people who know what they're talking about to see if they can help me.
You obviously didn't because if you had you would have found the wikipedia article which gives a clear and unambiguous explanation.

You obviously didn't because if you had you would have found the wikipedia article which gives a clear and unambiguous explanation.
Wikipedia was one of the first places I looked, and I didn't understand it.

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Wikipedia was one of the first places I looked, and I didn't understand it.
What exactly didn't you understand? We can't help you if we don't know what you're confused on.

What exactly didn't you understand? We can't help you if we don't know what you're confused on.
I understand it now, I was just browsing my posts and decided to reply. Thank you so much for the offer though! :)