Log base 4 64 without using a calculator

In summary, the value of log base 4 64 without using a calculator is 3, and you can find it by using the basic rule of logarithms. The equation for finding log base 4 64 without using a calculator is log4(64) = 3, and you can use a different base as long as you apply the general formula for changing the base of a logarithm. It is important to know how to find log base 4 64 without using a calculator because logarithms are widely used in various scientific and mathematical fields.
sarahowen
i don't understand how to find the exact answer to log base 4 64 without using a calculator. can anyone help?my teacher gave examples but they are on bad photocopies
sarah

Mathematics news on Phys.org
log_4(64) is the number x such that 4^x = 64. Have you tried to guess the solution?

Hes right.
[tex]log_4 64 = log_4 4^3 = 3log_4 4 = 3(1) = 3 [/tex]

thanks guys i totally get itnow and idont feel too stuupid anymore!

1. What is the value of log base 4 64 without using a calculator?

The value of log base 4 64 without using a calculator is 3, since 4 to the power of 3 equals 64.

2. How do I find the value of log base 4 64 without using a calculator?

To find the value of log base 4 64 without using a calculator, you can use the basic rule of logarithms which states that log base b of x is equal to y if b to the power of y equals x. In this case, 4 to the power of 3 equals 64, so log base 4 64 is equal to 3.

3. What is the equation for finding log base 4 64 without using a calculator?

The equation for finding log base 4 64 without using a calculator is log4(64) = 3. This means that 4 to the power of 3 equals 64.

4. Can I use a different base to find log base 4 64 without using a calculator?

Yes, you can use a different base to find log base 4 64 without using a calculator. The general formula for changing the base of a logarithm is loga(x) = logb(x)/logb(a). So, for log base 4 64, you can use any base as long as you divide the logarithm of 64 by the logarithm of 4.

5. Why is it important to know how to find log base 4 64 without using a calculator?

It is important to know how to find log base 4 64 without using a calculator because logarithms are used in many scientific and mathematical fields, such as engineering, physics, and statistics. Being able to calculate logarithms without a calculator allows for a better understanding and utilization of these concepts in problem-solving.