Trouble logging in? Anyone else experiencing issues with PF on Firefox?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about someone having trouble accessing a forum on PF using Firefox. Despite trying to click on different options, they were unable to reach the forum and had to use a bookmark to access it. They also mention a separate issue with Firefox not working for confirming an airline reservation.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I have been having problems getting into PF. Normally after loging in, I get redirected to the forum but today it's not working. Even clicking on the "proceed" or "click here if having problems" does not bring up the forum. I'm using Firefox and getting the cookies ok but I must use my bookmark again to get here. Anyone having similar problems?

Regards
Don

Physics news on Phys.org
Never mind. It's working ok now. Must be a Firefox problem.

Thanks

There seem to be a lot of bugs with Firefox. I tried to confirm an airline reservation yesterday but had to open IE, it wouldn't work with Firefox.

1. What is a "Log In redirect problem"?

A "Log In redirect problem" refers to an issue where a user is unable to successfully log in to a website or application and is redirected to an error page or back to the login page.

2. What causes a Log In redirect problem?

There can be several reasons for a Log In redirect problem, such as incorrect login credentials, browser or device compatibility issues, server errors, or website maintenance.

3. How can I fix a Log In redirect problem?

The first step to fixing a Log In redirect problem is to ensure that you are using the correct login information. If the issue persists, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, updating your browser, or using a different browser. If the problem still occurs, contact the website or application's customer support for assistance.

4. Can a Log In redirect problem be prevented?

While it is not always possible to prevent a Log In redirect problem, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances of it occurring. These include regularly updating your login information, keeping your browser and device up-to-date, and avoiding using public or unsecured networks to access sensitive websites or applications.

5. Is a Log In redirect problem a security concern?

In some cases, a Log In redirect problem may be a security concern, especially if it occurs on a website or application that contains sensitive information. It could indicate an attempted hack or a phishing attempt. It is important to report any suspicious login activity to the website or application's customer support and change your login information immediately.