Troubleshooting Login Issues on Browser

• Thread starter jim mcnamara
  • Start date
In summary, users may experience difficulties with staying logged in when taking longer than 2-3 minutes to compose a response. This can be resolved by checking the "remember me" box when logging in, which will prevent users from getting kicked out while writing a post.
jim mcnamara
Mentor
"logging off"

If I take more than 2-3 minutes to compose a repsonse, when I click post I'm told I cannot do that, refresh the page, login. Since it sometimes takes me 10 minutes to find a good citation during a post this happens a lot. It appears to happen more when I pop back and forth between tabs.

I start out logged in. Are some of my browser settings bad?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you check the "remember me" box when you log in? If not, then you should start doing that; it stops you getting kicked out whilst writing a post. You can still click the log out button to clear cookies etc when you leave.

What are the common reasons for login issues on a browser?

There are several common reasons for login issues on a browser, including incorrect login credentials, outdated browser, browser extensions or plugins interfering with the login process, and server or network connectivity issues.

How can I fix incorrect login credentials?

If you are sure that your login credentials are correct, try resetting your password. If the issue persists, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and then attempt to log in again. If you still cannot log in, contact the website's support team for further assistance.

What should I do if my browser is outdated?

If you are using an outdated browser, it may not support the website's login system. Update your browser to the latest version and try logging in again. If the issue persists, try using a different browser.

How can I troubleshoot browser extensions or plugins interfering with login?

To troubleshoot this issue, try disabling all browser extensions or plugins and then attempt to log in. If you are able to log in successfully, enable the extensions or plugins one by one to determine which one is causing the issue. Once identified, you can either disable the problematic extension or contact its developer for further assistance.

What should I do if I am still unable to log in?

If you have tried all the above solutions and are still unable to log in, it is possible that there may be a server or network connectivity issue. Try accessing the website from a different device or network. If the issue persists, contact the website's support team for further assistance.