LOL my Psychology Professor kissed me last night

In summary: When I was a graduate student teaching undergrad courses, it would have never occurred to me to date an undergrad female in my department, regardless of whether she was in the class I was teaching or not. It is just too much of a conflict.It would be a conflict because you would have a different level of professor/student relationship. Basically, it would be like having a student who is also a colleague.
gravenewworld
So I was at the bar, and all of the sudden this beautiful gorgeous blonde starts snapping her fingers at me and calling my name. Wouldn't you know it, it was my 27 year old psych professor from last semester. I think she was a little bit tipsy cause she kissed me. But you know what they say, you show your true feelings when your drunk . :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Let's see now, 27 year old, professor, blond and beutiful, kissing you... Are you entirely sure she was the drunk one? :biggrin: :wink: - So, how did the evening go from there?

Joel said:
Let's see now, 27 year old, professor, blond and beutiful, kissing you... Are you entirely sure she was the drunk one? :biggrin: :wink: - So, how did the evening go from there?

I think this sums it up: "Ah, who the hell are you!"

Well that's in the morning atleast.

Last edited:
When you wake up your sheets may be sticky, but dreams can be just so cool.

dduardo said:
I think this sums it up: "Ah, who the hell are you!"

Well that's in the morning atleast.

Quite possible. *grins*

Ps. I'm sure you've noticed the desperate denial of reality in the responces of the last three posters, Gravenewworld. :wink:

So, how did the evening go from there?

Honestly I didn't really take it too seriously, I knew she had a little bit too much to drink. She only talked to me for about 5-10 min before we left. But how awesome is it? Not many people can say they got a kiss from their hot professor.

gravenewworld said:
Not many people can say they got a kiss from their hot professor.
Are you sure it was a psych prof? Sounds like Moonbear to me. :tongue: :biggrin:

oh no he didnt!

Danger said:
Are you sure it was a psych prof? Sounds like Moonbear to me. :tongue: :biggrin:

I'm slightly older than 27 (though some people might still mistake me for that age...or I'd like to continue deluding myself into believing that anyway), but I know I was quite sober and stuck in an airport last night, so it must have been that other gorgeous, blonde professor. :biggrin: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
so it must have been that other gorgeous, blonde professor. :biggrin: :rofl:
So it's true, you have a twin?

isn't that kind of student-teacher relations agianst your school's rules?

http://pics-66.hi5.com/userpics/566/501/50108566.img.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yourdadonapogostick said:
isn't that kind of student-teacher relations agianst your school's rules?
Once someone is no longer your student, most schools would say it's okay (a few would say they have to no longer be a student at the school, but most aren't that extreme).

At what point as an ex-professor would I be allowed to say that there were a few students that made me slightly weak in the knees?

Hypothetically speaking, of course...

The second to hand in your resignation form?

oh, big whoop. I've made out with tons of my professors. You think I get straight A's because I'm smart? heh. :tongue2:

Yes MIH, but this is the other way around :tongue2: This is a male student and female professor. If I become a professor, all of the good looking, and willing, girls will pass with flying colors :wink:

mattmns said:
Yes MIH, but this is the other way around :tongue2: This is a male student and female professor. If I become a professor, all of the good looking, and willing, girls will pass with flying colors :wink:

Damn it. That's why I'm failing. How much does a sex change and a boob job cost?

Joel said:
Let's see now, 27 year old, professor, blond and beutiful, kissing you...

Happened to me once... then it turned out to be my Mom tucking me.

http://http://pics-66.hi5.com/userpics/566/501/50108566.img.jpg

LOL smurf I am doing what asians would do, since I happen to be asian (well ok only half thai, 25% irish, 25% polish). Everyone says I look italian or spanish though. She would alway talk in class about how all her gfs are getting married etc. and how she was still single. I guess she is looking for a young handsome buck like myself :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
oh, big whoop. I've made out with tons of my professors. You think I get straight A's because I'm smart? heh. :tongue2:
Cute, MIH. And I bet the 'short skirts' helped too. :biggrin:

Somehow, I think you are kidding. :wink:

When I was a graduate student teaching undergrad courses, it would have never occurred to me to date an undergrad female in my department, regardless of whether she was in the class I was teaching or not. It is just too much of a conflict.

But then again, I was married - so I never had to worry.

Silly me, it just never occurred to me to date someone young enough to be my student! I did have one older student, but he wasn't at all attractive. I did go on a date with my physics TA when I was an undergrad, but that was about a year after I took his class; we just happened to run into each other after the class was over...he was taking a course down the hall from another class of mine, so we'd run into each other every week. But after he burnt the dinner he was cooking and then spent the rest of the evening showing me his qualifying exam (and telling me how easy it was that even I could have passed it with what I learned in his class :rolleyes:), I decided not to date physicists anymore. I stick with engineers now. :biggrin: :rofl:

At my work I get hit on by some of the students. It's very frustrating. Especially when the one I would have really loved to ask out graduated but I never saw her again after graduation day and I didn't have the nerve to ask her on the day of.

I've been hit on by at least two professors and one high school teacher. Not from my own school though and not while I was in school either.

Moonbear said:
I decided not to date physicists anymore. I stick with engineers now. :biggrin: :rofl:
good thing I'm an engineer and a minister:D

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
I decided not to date physicists anymore. I stick with engineers now. :biggrin: :rofl:
:rofl: Me too. :wink: Engineers are better than physicists! It seems thst physicists couldn't stop thinkg about physics even for 1 minute. :devil: They're always talking about physics! :grumpy: Even their jokes are about physics laws. :yuck: Somehow I think physicists are the men of words and engineers are the men of actions!

I have to leave here immediately!

gravenewworld said:
So I was at the bar, and all of the sudden this beautiful gorgeous blonde starts snapping her fingers at me and calling my name. Wouldn't you know it, it was my 27 year old psych professor from last semester. I think she was a little bit tipsy cause she kissed me. But you know what they say, you show your true feelings when your drunk . :biggrin:
You left off the beginning part of your letter when you say "Dear Hustler, you're not going to guess what happened to me at the bar last night..."

good thing I'm an engineer and a minister:D
An engineer still in high school and a minister of a church no one's heard of.

Score.

that doesn't make me any less of either. :biggrin:

Yes.. Yes it does actually. You're stretching it for 'Junior Engineer' as it is... And your minister powers were attained off the internet!

do you want to see my job contract?

being ordained over the internet is just as valid as being ordained any other way.

Moonbear said:
But after he burnt the dinner he was cooking and then spent the rest of the evening showing me his qualifying exam (and telling me how easy it was that even I could have passed it with what I learned in his class :rolleyes:), I decided not to date physicists anymore. I stick with engineers now. :biggrin: :rofl:
Bah ! I bet an engineer would fail that qualifier ! :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
I did go on a date with my physics TA when I was an undergrad, but that was about a year after I took his class; we just happened to run into each other after the class was over...he was taking a course down the hall from another class of mine, so we'd run into each other every week. But after he burnt the dinner he was cooking and then spent the rest of the evening showing me his qualifying exam (and telling me how easy it was that even I could have passed it with what I learned in his class :rolleyes:), I decided not to date physicists anymore. I stick with engineers now. :biggrin: :rofl:
:rofl: It's a good thing I was not drinking ginger beer when I read that - it would have hurt coming out my nose. I had to fasten the seatbelt for that one. :rofl:

You're too much Moonbear.

Gokul43201 said:
I bet an engineer would fail that qualifier !
I bet an engineer could handle it. :biggrin:

Gokul43201 said:
Double BAH! An engineer would have aced it.

Gokul43201 said:

Didn't you study engineering before you started your physics PhD?

Engineers are just better with doing stuff with their hands. :wink: Dodges the projectiles thrown by the physicists...oh, no worry, they calculated all the trajectories right, but still can't throw. :tongue2:)

being ordained over the internet is just as valid as being ordained any other way.
Oh I don't really mind the method, it's the fact that your church is almost non-existant that makes it insignificant.

What happened between you and your psychology professor last night?

Last night, my psychology professor and I shared a kiss. It was unexpected and I am still processing the situation.

Is it appropriate for a professor to kiss a student?

No, it is not appropriate for a professor to engage in any type of romantic or sexual behavior with a student. It is a violation of professional boundaries and can be considered sexual harassment.

Did you consent to the kiss?

As a student, I was in a position of vulnerability and power imbalance with my professor. Therefore, any consent given may not have been truly voluntary. It is important for professors to maintain ethical boundaries and not engage in any romantic or sexual behavior with their students.

What should you do if a professor kisses you?

If a professor kisses you, it is important to report the incident to the appropriate authorities, such as the university's Title IX office or human resources department. It is also important to seek support and speak to a trusted friend or counselor about the situation.

Can you still continue to take classes with this professor?

It may be difficult to continue taking classes with this professor, as the power dynamic and trust may have been compromised. It is important to discuss the situation with the appropriate authorities and consider switching to a different class or professor. It is also important to prioritize your own well-being and mental health in this situation.