Long Hair or Short Hair?

Guys should have?

1. I'm a girl and I think guys should have short hair.

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. I'm a girl and I think guys should have medium (middle of forehead) hair.

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. I'm a girl and I think guys should have long (past the eyebrows) hair.

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. I'm a girl and I think guys should have really long (past the nose) hair.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. I'm a guy and I think guys should have short hair.

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  6. I'm a guy and I think guys should have medium (middle of forehead) hair.

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  7. I'm a guy and I think guys should have long (past the eyebrows) hair.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  8. I'm a guy and I think guys should have really long (past the nose) hair.

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Guys can post on the poll. It is separated so we know what guys and girls think.

I'm a guy and I think we should have short hair. I have long hair myself, which goes past my eyebrows. I personally want it to reach the bottom of my eyes.

I really like short hair, but long hair feels good.

So, how do you like it?

Note: Guys who vote are not considered gay. Be mature about it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

For men or women?

4. Kerrie

Kerrie 1,203
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

For men. I think it depends on the person, but there wasn't that option, so I didn't vote.

5. i like to have really long but i dont look good in that. thats why i have short though i dont like it.

6. I have short hair during the summer only. I like my long beautiful locks. I am not really sure as how to answer the question, because I don't really check out a guy's hair, and I don't really have no preference as far as length goes for women either. Except if a woman's hair is really short (less than 2"), or extremely long (going way down their back), then I don't like that. Style is much more important than length imo.

7. honestrosewater

honestrosewater 2,329
    Gold Member

8. I love long hair, but not if its comming from the nose or ears. :smile:
    My second choice would be bald.

9. Integral

Integral 7,345
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The wonderful thing in this day and age is that there is little or no (in the US) cultral pressure about hair length, you are pretty much free to choose your length. In the 50s and early 60s there were no options. I voted for long hair, but really it is, as it should be completely up to the individual.

10. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Long hair rules!!! wooohOOoo!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  11. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I prefer men with short hair (not a buzz cut though, maybe about an inch long or so), if that's the question you're asking. But if you're asking what they should do, then they should do whatever they like since it's their hair.

12. BobG

BobG 2,357
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Before I joined the military I used to wear my hair short in the summer and then let it grow from fall to spring (I worked construction and a long hair isn't that great when it's hot).

Since retiring, I've sometimes let my hair start growing longer, since I can and change would be different - I just can't get past that mid-range stage where it just looks horrible and feels uncomfortable, to boot.

13. It depends on the person.

14. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,265
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Something just occurred to me...what sort of hairstyle are you wearing that you're measuring hair by whether it's past your eyebrows or nose? :rofl: I definitely prefer a guy who keeps his hair combed out of his face. :tongue: I usually go by how far past the back of your neck it is. I prefer they styles that keep it short enough that the back of your neck is bare. Medium length to me would be covering your neck, but only as far as your shoulders, and long hair would be down your back past your shoulders.

15. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head. It's kind of like hockey hair. When I wear my hat, the hair like curls up around it.

I'm Canadian, so hockey hair is good. :P

16. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

is this hockey hair? Where I come from we call this a mullet:

[​IMG]

17. :rofl: that is a great pic MIH

I think thought Jason's hair is the other way around though. He said: "The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head"

18. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

oh, I got totally confused. :redface: Actually the first time I read it I thought it said the hair on his head is longer than the hair on his behind. :biggrin: :redface: I really need glasses!

19. I would certainly hope that it was not the other way around, unless he was bald :smile:

20. Kerrie

Kerrie 1,203
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

oooh the mullets...i cringe when i see one...

21. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Haha... no not a mullet. You got it the other way around.

I only like my hair with a hat on really, or after taking a shower because my hair goes everywhere. :)

I used to have it short all the time, but I'm liking this alot better.

Note: That guy has an ugly mullet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?