How can I produce a long over-arrow for a symbol in Latex?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Math Amateur
  • Start date
Updated - - -In summary, The conversation is about a user's attempt to create a long over-arrow in a remark on the Analysis forum. The user has tried using Latex Code but it only produces a short over-arrow. Other users have recommended using the code \overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)} or a small package called esvect for drawing long arrows. The user thanks them for their help.
Math Amateur
Gold Member
MHB
I recently posted on the Analysis forum regarding a remark by Jacques Lafontaine ... the remark contained a symbol which involved a long over-arrow on the top of f(a)f(x) as you can see at the start f the remark below:View attachment 8516My attempt to produce the long over-arrow was to use the Latex Code \vec{ f(a) f(x) } ... but this only produced a short over-arrow as follows:

\(\displaystyle \vec{ f(a) f(x) }\) ... ...How do I produce a long over-arrow like that in the text from Lafontaine ...

Peter

Attachments

• Lafontaine - Remark on Definition 1.1 ...  page 5 ... .png
    Lafontaine - Remark on Definition 1.1 ... page 5 ... .png
    15 KB · Views: 66
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello, Peter! (Wave)

This code:

\overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}

produces:

\(\displaystyle \overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}\)

Also I recommended a small package [M]esvect[/M], which allows drawing long arrows with different arrowheads.

Evgeny.Makarov said:
Also I recommended a small package [M]esvect[/M], which allows drawing long arrows with different arrowheads.
Thanks Evgeny ...

I appreciate your help...

Peter

- - - Updated - - -

MarkFL said:
Hello, Peter! (Wave)

This code:

\overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}

produces:

\(\displaystyle \overrightarrow{f(a)f(x)}\)
Thanks Mark,

Peter

1. What is a "Long over-arrow"?

A "Long over-arrow" is a term used in scientific literature to describe a phenomenon where a variable or trend continues for an extended period of time without showing any signs of change or deviation.

2. How is the "Long over-arrow" effect observed and measured?

The "Long over-arrow" effect can be observed and measured through various methods, depending on the specific variable or trend being studied. This may include statistical analysis, time series data, or other scientific techniques.

3. What causes the "Long over-arrow" effect?

The cause of the "Long over-arrow" effect can vary depending on the specific context. In some cases, it may be due to a stable system or a lack of external factors that would cause a change. In other cases, it may be indicative of a larger underlying pattern or trend.

4. Is the "Long over-arrow" effect always a positive or negative thing?

The "Long over-arrow" effect can have both positive and negative implications. It can be a sign of stability and predictability in a system, but it can also indicate a lack of progress or change in a certain area.

5. Can the "Long over-arrow" effect be reversed or disrupted?

Yes, the "Long over-arrow" effect can be reversed or disrupted through various means, such as external intervention or changes in underlying factors. However, in some cases, it may persist for an extended period of time despite attempts to disrupt it.