What are some recommended spots to visit in Santa Cruz?

• Thread starter RaulTheUCSCSlug
  • Start date
RaulTheUCSCSlug
Gold Member
Hey everyone, I'm new to posting but definitely not new to the Physics Forum! I am a Physics Undergrad student at the University of California Santa Cruz. If you have any question of my strange mascot (Banana Slug) for the school ask away, or of the beautiful weather, or the beach, or any cool spots around the area I am here! If you ask me to do a derivation for diffraction grating, then I might not be your guy. But I will tell you what I know. I'm glad to finally be part of this community!

:smile:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
RaulTheUCSCSlug said:
or of the beautiful weather, or the beach, or any cool spots around the area I am here

Steamer's Lane and Natural Bridges used to be two of my favorite surf spots in Santa Cruz. I used to live in Sonoma county and we had friends attending UCSC, so I made several "safaris" out there during that spell. I miss that place...

DiracPool said:
Steamer's Lane and Natural Bridges used to be two of my favorite surf spots in Santa Cruz. I used to live in Sonoma county and we had friends attending UCSC, so I made several "safaris" out there during that spell. I miss that place...

Santa Cruz is still definitely a Gem of a city! Although next time you come up you should try Panther Beach, not so good for surfing, but way better for that secluded get away with the girlfriend/wife, or even for that family picnic/barbecue! (On google maps, I believe they call it Dairy Beach?)

RaulTheUCSCSlug said:
Santa Cruz is still definitely a Gem of a city! Although next time you come up you should try Panther Beach, not so good for surfing, but way better for that secluded get away with the girlfriend/wife, or even for that family picnic/barbecue! (On google maps, I believe they call it Dairy Beach?)

Cool, I'll write that down, always good to get advice from the "locals." I've been wanting to get back down there for a while now, but I'm in the Seattle area now, so it's something of a trek.