Longest English?

  • Thread starter *Kia*
  • Start date

*Kia*

Gold Member
18
0
What is the longest English word containing no letters more than once?
(and no hyphens either)
 
1,062
6
Uncopyrightable
 

*Kia*

Gold Member
18
0
and the other (of same length)?
 

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244
I haven't a clue about that, but I do know one word that contains every letter.
 

*Kia*

Gold Member
18
0
ok... I haven't found one English word to contain all letters yet - do enlighten
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,224
550
Danger said:
I haven't a clue about that, but I do know one word that contains every letter.
DANGEROUS EFFERVESNTHOTJAZZYSLOPPYBUTTKICKINGWETZOOALOGICLMANAQUIN?
 
Last edited:

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244
'alphabet' :tongue: :biggrin:
 

*Kia*

Gold Member
18
0
I walked in to that.
Forgive me I am blonde
 

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244
1,100
0
Danger said:
Can you prove that? :biggrin:
Ask how you see what is on the otherside of a glass wall.

The Bob (2004 ©)
 

*Kia*

Gold Member
18
0
The Bob said:
Ask how you see what is on the otherside of a glass wall.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Walk round and have a look of course :tongue:
 

honestrosewater

Gold Member
2,072
4
*Kia* said:
Walk round and have a look of course :tongue:
Geez, I'm blonde too and even I know you may not be able to walk around it. Since glass is a liquid, you just poke a hole in it and it drains away. The real problem is finding a big enough bucket.
 
1,100
0
honestrosewater said:
Geez, I'm blonde too and even I know you may not be able to walk around it. Since glass is a liquid, you just poke a hole in it and it drains away. The real problem is finding a big enough bucket.
But there's a hole in the bucket,
dear honestrosewater,
dear honestrosewater.
But there is a hole in the bucket,
dear honestrosewater,
a hole.

The Bob (2004 ©)
 
1,100
0
*Kia* said:
Walk round and have a look of course :tongue:
Like to see you try with the Great Glass Wall of China.

The Bob (2004 ©)
 

honestrosewater

Gold Member
2,072
4
The Bob said:
But there's a hole in the bucket,
dear honestrosewater,
dear honestrosewater.
But there is a hole in the bucket,
dear honestrosewater,
a hole.

The Bob (2004 ©)
Not to worry, liquids take the shape of their container, so the glass will fill in the hole. :tongue2:
 
1,100
0
honestrosewater said:
Not to worry, liquids take the shape of their container, so the glass will fill in the hole. :tongue2:
Is this considering you have your finger in the hole? :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)
 

honestrosewater

Gold Member
2,072
4
The Bob said:
Is this considering you have your finger in the hole? :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)
Since wolram may be watching, I cannot answer that question. o:)
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,224
550
honestrosewater said:
Since wolram may be watching, I cannot answer that question. o:)
It gives me joy, that you did not fall into horrors rose with wicked bent. :biggrin:
 

honestrosewater

Gold Member
2,072
4
wolram said:
It gives me joy, that you did not fall into horrors rose with wicked bent. :biggrin:
Well someone around here needs to set a good example. But, good dear wolram, do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven, whiles, like a puff’d and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads, and recks not his own rede. (That would include references to butts, wicked or otherwise. :tongue2: )
 

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top