How Can We Ever Truly Understand Existence?

• Thread starter Enos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of two types of existences - perfect and unifying. Unifying existence is our current state, constantly striving for perfect existence through unification. Perfect existence, on the other hand, is a singular existence without conflicts or knowledge of anything else. The conversation also touches on the concepts of predetermined destiny and free will, and the existence of a god in both types of existence. The speaker concludes that understanding these complex ideas is impossible and constantly changing.
Enos
I figured my thoughts deserve a great title. Well what I am about to write is purely thoughts on existence and me trying to make sense of it all. I hate not knowing so I kinda convinced myself that I do know and I need people to let me know I don't know you know? That last sentence reminds me of finding nemo but let's not get off topic because I am not looking for nemo but just answers.

-----------------------Starts below here--------------------------

There are two types of existences and they can not co-exist. One type is a perfect existence and that is a singular existence and the other type is unifying existence which is more then one and isn't perfect.

Unifying existence is our current existence which always has a drive to reach complete unification (perfect existence). Since Unifying existence requires more then one existence it will merge and unify constantly until it reaches it's goal. And even if ultimately everything is from the same source and equal in nature groups are what create these differences. The first differences was between matter and anti-matter, when matter had no anti-matter to annihilate matter then could unify quicker. But it is logical to think after such a conflict between a huge amount of particles that matter would be scattered all over the universe. Although unification between other matter went quicker, it did so at different rates due to the amount of matter in some areas of the universe then other areas. After much time went by matter began to conflict with other matter due to the differences.

Perfect existence is when all that exist has unified into one existence. Perfect will not have conflicts so reaching it's goal won't take billions of years or even a second. Since perfect existence is a singular existence it will not know something else and the effects of groups and conflicts. That doesn't make it not perfect because you can not have knowledge of non-existence.

Perfect can not know something else because something else does not exist.
Non-perfect can not know nothing else because nothing else does not exist.

------------------------
Self answered questions.

Are we predetermined or do we have free-will?
Both. The end result is already determined but how we reach it is in our will.

Does god exist?
Both. Perfect existence can be classified as god but in unifying existence a god can not exist.

To be, then not to be. That is the answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
The minute you think you understand it, you're wrong.

The minute you think you understand love, you're wrong.

The minute you think you understand life, you're wrong.

The minute you think you understand yourself, you're wrong.

Etc., etc.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on existence. It is a complex and abstract concept that has been pondered by philosophers and scientists for centuries. Your idea of two types of existences, perfect and unifying, is an interesting perspective. I can see how unifying existence, with its constant drive towards perfection, would lead to conflicts and differences among different groups. And your explanation of how matter and anti-matter played a role in this process is thought-provoking.

However, I believe that the concept of a perfect existence is subjective and can be interpreted differently by different individuals. What may be perfect for one may not be for another. And as you mentioned, in a perfect existence, there would be no knowledge of something else, which raises the question of whether it can truly be considered perfect.

As for the questions you posed, the idea of predetermined fate and free will is a long-standing debate. It is possible that both coexist and play a role in shaping our existence. And the concept of a god or higher being is also a complex topic, with varying beliefs and interpretations.

Overall, I think it is important to continue pondering and questioning our existence, but also to accept that there may never be a definitive answer. As the saying goes, "the journey is more important than the destination." Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inviting others to join in the discussion.

1. How can scientists look into a madman's mind?

Scientists can use various methods such as brain imaging techniques, behavioral analysis, and psychological assessments to gain insights into a madman's mind.

2. What do scientists hope to learn by studying a madman's mind?

By studying a madman's mind, scientists hope to understand the underlying factors that contribute to their behavior and gain insights into mental illnesses and disorders.

3. Can looking into a madman's mind help prevent violent behavior?

While understanding the thought processes of a madman can provide valuable insights, it is not a definitive way to prevent violent behavior. Other factors such as access to weapons and proper mental health treatment also play a crucial role.

4. Are there ethical concerns surrounding studying a madman's mind?

Yes, there are ethical concerns surrounding studying a madman's mind, as it involves invading their privacy and potentially stigmatizing them. Scientists must follow strict ethical guidelines and obtain informed consent from participants.

5. Can studying a madman's mind lead to a cure for mental illness?

While studying a madman's mind can provide valuable insights, there is no one-size-fits-all cure for mental illness. It requires a combination of various treatments such as therapy, medication, and support systems.