How can I improve the appearance of my LaTeX documents?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter lo2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses the dissatisfaction with the appearance of LaTeX documents and how to improve it. The suggestion is to use packages or programs such as pslatex, fancyheader, titlesec, secsty, or obtain style files from journals. Then, the conversation shifts to implementing LaTeX into forums and requesting help with getting started with LaTeX. A suggested place to start is the website for the LaTeX project.
lo2
I am not quite satisfied with the look of my LaTeX documents. I think it has something to do with the stuff in the start (the packages, etc.). So therefore what do you include in that to make your LaTeX document look nice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you dislike the font there are many ways to change these on mass (google for things like pslatex).

If you wish to alter the headings, etc, then there are many ways to do this: fancyheader, titlesec, secsty. Details of all these are easily obtained from google searches, or looking at information on the Ctan webpage. Further, if there are any journals whose layout you find attractive you can obtain from them their style files by looking at the information for authors on their websites.

LaTeX implementation in form

Hello,
does anyone know how to implement LaTeX into forums ? I've heard there was a few programs rendering that possible, but they all work under Linux. Is there any other that would run under Windows ?

Aaxnox said:
Hello,
does anyone know how to implement LaTeX into forums ? I've heard there was a few programs rendering that possible, but they all work under Linux. Is there any other that would run under Windows ?
Pm chroot or greg. They should know since its implemented here.

Hello
friends

I was given a work. It needs knowledge in the LaTex
But I don't even know what it does look like
Would you help me?
I need tutorial
How I can download it and how it is installed
And I need help with the basic operations of course

Thank you very much

1. How can I change the font in my LaTeX document?

To change the font in your LaTeX document, you can use the \usepackage{fontspec} command in the preamble of your document. This will allow you to use any font installed on your computer. You can then specify the font you want to use with the \setmainfont{font name} command.

2. How can I add images to my LaTeX document?

To add images to your LaTeX document, you can use the \includegraphics command in the preamble of your document. Make sure to also use the \usepackage{graphicx} command. You can then specify the path to your image and include it in your document using the \includegraphics{image path} command.

3. How can I change the page layout in my LaTeX document?

To change the page layout in your LaTeX document, you can use the \usepackage{geometry} command in the preamble of your document. This will allow you to specify the margins, page size, and other layout options. You can also use the \geometry{options} command to customize the layout further.

4. How can I create a table in my LaTeX document?

To create a table in your LaTeX document, you can use the \begin{table} and \end{table} commands. Within these commands, you can use the \hline command to create horizontal lines and the & symbol to separate columns. You can also use the \caption{table title} command to add a title to your table.

5. How can I add citations and references in my LaTeX document?

To add citations and references in your LaTeX document, you can use the \cite{citation key} command to insert a citation and the \bibliography{bibliography file} command to add a list of references. Make sure to also use the \usepackage{natbib} command in the preamble of your document. You can then create a .bib file with your references and use the \bibliographystyle{style} command to specify the citation style.