Look up dream interpretations?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
Danger
Gold Member

Precognition is not out of the question.
Yes it is. :grumpy:
Superdeterminism is impossible by the laws of quantum mechanics.

"the sexual act is in time what the tiger is in space"

Well, there's one mystery finally solved. I've always wondered how Space Tiger came up with his name.

My ex-, and my ex-in-laws, are Cree. Natives have a whole subculture based upon dream interpretation. It's somewhat interesting from an anthropological viewpoint, but unfortunately a lot of them actually believe the crap.

Char. Limit
Gold Member

I know this to be true. The other night, I dreamed I was playing Mario on an SNES and I dreamed that it froze up and kept emitting this strange beeping sound. I woke up to the same sound - the buzzer on my brand new alarm clock. First time I had heard it.

Oh, I should also mention that after it froze up, I dreamt that I tried both the power buttons (on the SNES and the TV) and unplugged them both, and the frozen image and the beeping sound kept going, to my subconscious annoyance. If you can interpret that, you're the man/woman/human!

Danger
Gold Member

the beeping sound kept going, to my subconscious annoyance. If you can interpret that, you're the man/woman/human!

Perhaps one of your bedbugs had its iPod turned up too high? :uhh:

Mom died in May. She was in my dream last night. I was hurrying along a long entrance road toward a large building. On the way some people were getting out of a van and walking into a smaller building on the same campus. One of these was Mom, in good health. We greeted each other and made a promise to meet again later that day. But as ...I went on my way, I knew that I was not going to be able to make that second meeting.

it sounds as if you've accepted that she's gone and that it is OK.

I saw a video on youtube where it recommended lucid dreaming as a way to kiss George Clooney.
Kewl. I'm going to try this tonight.

No, I grew up without knowing concepts like acceptance, closure, or coming to terms with loss. Perhaps they were around, but I missed them and don't see things in that light. Mom and I were close. I worried about her regularly in her last years and I think about her alot these days too. It's only natural I would, as she just died. On Saturday I visited my nephew and she was the center of a lot of conversation. She came into my dream Monday morning.

Before there was wikipedia, there was my mother. She had index cards with information about people, places, events and whatever. It came to somewhere between 90 and 120 thousand cards. My nephew is a historian and rather than toss them, as any sane person would do in the post-wiki era, he is making a study of them. We'll see what he comes up with. For background material, he interviewed me Saturday. Mom said that the cards were a defense against Alzheimers. Perhaps so, she was active and independent up until 5 days before her death. One of the last cards concerned Beau Biden and his recent stroke.

Danger, is your avatar designed to stimulate nightmares?

Danger
Gold Member

Danger, is your avatar designed to stimulate nightmares?

:rofl:

A young lady here on PF once begged me to change it because it scared her. Once I explained it, her fear melted away and she has since become one of my best friends (as in real-identity e-mail friends).
A few years ago, a young lad asked "What is it? Is it a monkey?" I spewed about 1/2 ounce of beer through my nose onto the keyboard when I read that.
The simple fact of the matter is that it is a photo of me in my Hallowe'en werewolf makeup. It is less frightening than a photo of me without the makeup.
If you so desire, check out the Members Photos section. The full (not cropped) version of the picture is there, along with one of my bartender friend who I spent almost 1/2 hour transforming into a devil that same night. (Come to think of it, I also put a bullet hole in the forehead of the band's lead singer, but I don't have a picture of that.)

edit: I just went to check it out and realized that the thread alluded to no longer exists. :frown:

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor

A young lady here on PF once begged me to change it because it scared her. Once I explained it, her fear melted away and she has since become one of my best friends (as in real-identity e-mail friends).
A few years ago, a young lad asked "What is it? Is it a monkey?" I spewed about 1/2 ounce of beer through my nose onto the keyboard when I read that.
The simple fact of the matter is that it is a photo of me in my Hallowe'en werewolf makeup. It is less frightening than a photo of me without the makeup.
If you so desire, check out the Members Photos section. The full (not cropped) version of the picture is there, along with one of my bartender friend who I spent almost 1/2 hour transforming into a devil that same night. (Come to think of it, I also put a bullet hole in the forehead of the band's lead singer, but I don't have a picture of that.)

edit: I just went to check it out and realized that the thread alluded to no longer exists. :frown:
We have two member photo threads I know it's in one of them. I'll try to find it, that was 2-3 years ago, at least?

Well, it is quite an artistic make-up job because I thought it was a digital creation or painting or something other than a photograph. I highly doubt it is less frightening than a photo of you without the makeup, but I don't blame you for not using a recognizable photo of yourself as an avatar. Anyway, I apologize if I offended you with the nightmare comment - it just looks like some kind of stereotypical mythological creature like a dwarf or troll that would appear in someone's nightmare chasing them around chanting "booga booga booga."

Danger
Gold Member

I apologize if I offended you with the nightmare comment
On the contrary; it pleases me that my work was effective. It was actually intended to be more puzzling than frightening, but at least there was some reaction to it.
I used the term "werewolf" very loosely. It wasn't in fact supposed to be anything in particular; I just made it up. After seeing the photo, I realized that it most closely resembles one of Glory's "minions" from the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV series. Anyhow, it's just a garbageload of liquid latex and fake hair. The full-size photo displays glaring errors of craftsmanship that don't show up in the avatar version. That is partly because I was in a hurry and partly because I was drunk while applying it. (And I was far more drunk by the time the picture was taken.) The droopy left eye was due to me accidentally gluing my lower lid to my cheek and being too lazy to fix it.
Evo, this was before I met W, and we lived together since almost exactly 5 years ago. The pictures are in the secondary thread, dealing with joke pictures, as opposed to the main one. In your alphabetical index, they are listed as "Danger" and "Danger's bartender". Where the hell did you stash those threads, anyhow? I couldn't find them and figured that they had been deleted.

It wasn't in fact supposed to be anything in particular; I just made it up. After seeing the photo, I realized that it most closely resembles one of Glory's "minions" from the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV series.

It always reminded me of a tipsy bored orc . No offense :P

Danger
Gold Member

It always reminded me of a tipsy bored orc . No offense :P

Can't say as I've ever met one of those, but I'll take your word for it. :biggrin:

edit: I just found the picture threads. They're now in the Fun, Photos and Games section at the top of the GD main page.

Last edited: