I Just Bought a Classic Car: Grinning from Ear to Ear!

• Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
In summary, the car is a Matchbox #417 from the model garage and driveway detail is amazing. It's a fast and nimble car, and almost makes me want to give up my bikes.
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/58286-1.jpg
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/58286-2.jpg

I don't think I've ever grinned so much in all my life!

Physics news on Phys.org
Woo!

Yay!

Hooray!

Awesome!

:!)

Wow! That's some ride! Now that you're gainfully employed and have a really cool car, when will we hear the reports of all the hot dates you'll have? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Wow! That's some ride! Now that you're gainfully employed and have a really cool car, when will we hear the reports of all the hot dates you'll have? :biggrin:

I was talking to a guy last night who used to have a similar car, and he just turned around and said "They're fun, but they're not kitty magnets. If you pick up a girl in it, just make sure her tattoos are spelt correctly!" :biggrin:

Impressive! I want one (oh, and a driving lisence... damn.)

I'm not sure I've ever told you how much I hate you...

kitty magnets, lol
Who said chivalry was dead

russ_watters said:
I'm not sure I've ever told you how much I hate you...

I'll keep it for a year, then swap it for your telescope. :smile:

[Jealously]Not very practical where do you put the shopping. With our weather i hope you`ve got an umbrella, (I want one!)[/Jealously]

Brewski, you bastard! Get over here right now so I can car-jack you!

brewnog said:
Deal!

...Sucker - that thing has got to be worth way more than my scope. :tongue2:

Telescope?Blimey...Nerd alert!

That is definitely a bachelor car. Nice little toy you've got there. I guess the next step is to install the really big/noisy exchaust and huge spoiler kits?

Last edited:
She a beautiful! What you going to name her? Something sexy, sultry...

You bought a duck?

Oooooo... pretty...:tongue2:

tribdog said:
kitty magnets, lol
Who said chivalry was dead

Insulted magnets?

Hm, I would take it back. They didn't even put the steering wheel on the correct side.

Last edited:
brewnog said:
said "They're fun, but they're not ... magnets. If you pick up a girl in it, just make sure her tattoos are spelt correctly!" :biggrin:
Brewie, not that you would use it for that purpose. Nice car.

Enjoy - but drive safely and where your seat belt.

I am a Honda Civic kind of dude. Not fancy, but it get's really great mileage.

But if I was to get such a toy, it would nothing less than a Porsche 917. :!)

brewnog said:
Before the exchange, can I borrow it only for 1 day?:shy: I like to see how it's like when your car hits the wall!o:)

Okay, this may seem silly to be asking so late, but just what kind of car is it anyway? It's super-cool looking, but I've never before seen anything like it to have any inkling of an idea what it is.

Moonbear said:
Okay, this may seem silly to be asking so late, but just what kind of car is it anyway?
Women... :grumpy:
It's obviously a Matchbox #417. And the detail in the model garage and driveway is truly amazing.

God, that thing's gorgeous, Brewnog. Congrats!

Danger said:
Women... :grumpy:
It's obviously a Matchbox #417. And the detail in the model garage and driveway is truly amazing.
:tongue: Pbbbbththththppppptttttt!

Moonbear said:
Okay, this may seem silly to be asking so late, but just what kind of car is it anyway? It's super-cool looking, but I've never before seen anything like it to have any inkling of an idea what it is.
Its a Caterham

I kind of like my Jeep, but, if the price were right, I could handle owning a big luxury car.

Maybe I could obtain it http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/cash-johnny/one-piece-at-a-time-2214.html .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a John Deere tractor in practically the same color scheme:biggrin: . Just kidding, very nice lines, looks fast and nimble. It almost makes me want to give up my bikes...:wink: .

She's lovely mate, what engine have you got in her? I hear that the turbocharged cosworth engines go rather well in one of those. :biggrin:

1. What makes a car a "classic" car?

A classic car is typically defined as a vehicle that is over 20 years old and has a certain level of cultural or historical significance. These cars are often sought after by collectors and enthusiasts for their unique design, engineering, and historical value.

2. What are some important things to consider when buying a classic car?

When buying a classic car, it is important to thoroughly research the make and model, as well as its history and any potential issues. It is also important to inspect the car in person and possibly hire a professional mechanic to do a thorough inspection. Additionally, consider the cost of maintenance, insurance, and storage for a classic car.

3. How do I ensure the authenticity of a classic car?

To ensure the authenticity of a classic car, it is important to obtain a detailed history of the vehicle, including any past owners, maintenance records, and any modifications that have been made. It may also be helpful to have the car inspected by a professional and to research any identifying features or codes to confirm its authenticity.

4. What are some common challenges or difficulties that come with owning a classic car?

Owning a classic car can come with a few challenges, such as finding replacement parts, dealing with potential mechanical issues due to the age of the car, and the cost of maintenance and repairs. Additionally, finding specialized mechanics and insurance can be more difficult and expensive for classic cars.

5. How do I properly care for and maintain a classic car?

Proper care and maintenance for a classic car is essential in preserving its value and ensuring its longevity. This includes regular oil changes, tune-ups, and inspections, as well as storing the car in a dry and secure location. It is also important to use quality parts and fluids specifically designed for classic cars.