1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a Calculus book

1. Jun 18, 2010 #1

I have taken one year in calculus so far in high school( AP calculus AB) and I am signed up to take BC calculus next year. However, I would like to work on some calculus over the summer to be able to breeze through the material during the year so that I can move on to higher math. I bought Spivak's calculus already but I think that I need something less abstract and with more practice problems, while at the same time covering any material I would learn in BC.

Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2010 #2

Gold Member

then just move on with whatever Calculus book you're using
  4. Jul 8, 2010 #3
    http://www.verycd.com/topics97175" [Broken]

It is written by Г.М.Хихтенгольц.i think it is a very good book to learn Calculus.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  5. Jul 8, 2010 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Jul 10, 2010 #5
    Get Early Transcendentals by Stewart
  7. Jul 10, 2010 #6

Homework Helper

I suggest Stewart's book as an introductory piece for Calculus. You could also start with Spivak's calculus, and use Stewart as reference.
  8. Jul 10, 2010 #7
    This may be too introductory for your needs, but the book "Essential Calculus" has a chapter of Motivational Problems that you might enjoy working through:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook